Mrs. Rehan's News
January 29th, 2016
Please send in your January reading log!
- Your kiddos have a bag that they will be bringing home with books on their levels inside! I will change the books periodically and adjust them based on their new reading level. Please keep track of the books they bring and make sure to send the bags and books back to school each day!!
- Raz kids is also a great website to access at home that I shared with you all at parent teacher conferences. To log in use the teacher username rehan0bp and their password is their birthday (ex: 09192010) https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login
- All of these can be entered on their monthly reading logs. Your support from home is paying off!!
Dates To Remember
- Feb 4th- Book orders due
- February 11th- Valentine party @ 2:30
- February 12 & 15th- NO SCHOOL
This week we learned about key details in fiction books. We talked about how key details are the clues or small things that help support the big events in the story. In Knuffle Bunny we see Trixie's dad putting Knuffle Bunny in the dryer. That is the key detail that leads up to the main event of Trixie losing Knuffle Bunny!
We have been editing our How- To books using checklists and peer editing this week. We made sure to have a lead, 4 or more pages that taught readers how to do something, at least 3 steps, an ending, and pictures that supported their words.
This week in math we focused on word problems, growing number trains, and length. Word problems are a great way to reinforce all concepts in math. For example, asking your child to draw a picture to answer the following question:
There were 14 marshmallows in the hot chocolate, 6 melted. How many marshmallows were left?
We practice these types of questions weekly in our math journals!