an explorer of the renaissance
Christopher Columbus background
- he wrote poetry in his spare time upon the ships of the great and vast seas.
- he always wanted to explore and have adventures as a kid.
- he had a ship with his brother but he sadly wrecked it of the coast of portugal
- when he was a boy and an older him he never wrote in his native language
achievements in Christopher Columbuses life
- in portugal he married the goveners daughter of porto, santo
- he had his first son in 1485
- The rounded shape of the earth had been known common knowledge among sailors and proved that it is round
Christopher Columbus impact on today
- he was the person who found the americas.
- he had a half dollar named after him and lots of stamps in his name/ face
- and he in flunced other people to go search this land after his 2 voyadge over there
interesting facts about Christopher Columbus
- he took 4 voyadges over to central america
- he wrote a poem to elisibith the Queen of Spain at the time telling her how the water is like her eyes
- he saild to Ierland in 1470 and saw 2 dead bodies looking like they had floated all the way from china. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My8Vd-NZ8Qo
"Christopher Columbus." Christopher Columbus. N.p.: n.p., 1999. N. pag. Biography in Context. Web. 10 Mar. 2014. <http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/bic1/ReferenceDetailsPage/ReferenceDetailsWindow?failOverType=&query=&windowstate=normal&contentModules=&mode=view&displayGroupName=Reference&limiter=&u=libe79362&currPage=&disableHighlighting=true&displayGroups=&sortBy=&source=&search_within_results=&p=BIC1&action=e&catId=GALE%7C00000000MR3T&activityType=&scanId=&documentId=GALE%7CK1614000078>.
"Christopher Columbus." Exporer and Exploration. Tarrytown: Marshal cavindish, 2005. N. pag. Print.
"Christopher Columbus." Www.Britannica.com. Britannica, n.d. Web. 10 Mar. 2014. <http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/127070/Christopher-Columbus0>.