Jobs for DAWGS
12.08.14 Holiday Edition
The University of Georgia Alumni Career Services
- Join the UGA Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn
- Download our free Digital Career Guide for iPad
- Webinar: New Year, New You: How to Create a Job Search Strategy
- Holiday Networking
- Book an Alumni Career Counseling Appointment
Giving Back to UGA
- "Give that Dawg a Bone" Card Writing Campaign
- Full-Time Positions
- The CIA and Monteverde Friend's School are hiring!
- UGA Alumni Association: 2014 Game Watching Parties
- Government & Nonprofit
- Featured video on Get a Head Start on Your Resume
Alumni Career Services Spotlight
Webinar: New Year, New You: How to Create a Job Search Strategy
Wednesday, Jan. 7th 2015 at 12-2pm
This is an online event.
To register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9217102984514323458
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Brought to you by GoToWebinar®
Also, check out Alumni Association Holiday Networking Events in your geographic area or Business Networking Events in the metro Atlanta area. December is filled with festive events, and all of these provide a chance for you to meet new folks in the field or to network your way into your dream job.
New ONLINE appointment booking
If you have any issues, please contact the Atlanta Alumni Center at 404-814-8820.
Giving Back to UGA
"Give that Dawg a Bone" Card Writing Campaign Volunteers Needed
The UGA Admissions Alumni Partnership is excited to sponsor the “Give that Dawg a Bone” card writing campaign. Last year’s alumni volunteers wrote notes of congratulations to nearly 2,230 accepted students in 34 states. It’s time to gear up again to encourage these talented high students to choose UGA. The Admissions Office is requesting alumni who are interested in writing notes to these newly accepted students. The campaign runs from January to April 2015. Cards, stamped envelopes and a sample message will be sent to each volunteer with the list of students.
If you would like to participate, please send the following information to Susan Byus, Regional Recruiter, via email to email@example.com:
Number of Students/Cards (in multiples of 10)
Jobs and Networking Opportunities
(This is just a few of the 470+ listings, Log into DAWGLink to apply!)
DAWGLink #58567, eCommerce Marketing Associate
Performance Testing Solutions , Inc.
DAWGLink #58481, Assistant News Director
Gannett Company, Inc. (Charlotte, NC)
DAWGLink #58718, Teacher
District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS)
DAWGLink #58529, Engagement Manager
DAWGLink #58669, Associate Director Project Delivery
Optimal Strategix Group (New York)
DAWGLink #58310, Compounding Technician
DAWGLink #58799, Executive Assistant
The Boston Consulting Group
DAWGLink #58486, Photojournalist
Gannett Company, Inc. (Greensboro, NC)
DAWGLink #58560, Sales Associate - Entry Level - Denver, CO
OTR Capital, LLC
DAWGLink #58843, Athletic Center Supervisor
Chattahoochee Country Club
DAWGLink #58033, Proposal Coordinator
DAWGLink #58882, Bilingual Account Manager
A-AAccess Online Payment Systems
Insurance and Financial Services Representative, State Farm Insurance
For more information and to apply: http://JasonMartin.SFAgentJobs.com
CIA Hiring Event in Atlanta!
Candidates MUST apply online as soon as possible in order to be considered for and invited to this event.
Monteverde Friend's School is hiring! pg 1
Head of School position (Costa Rica)
Monteverde Friend's School is hiring! pg 2
Head of School position (Costa Rica)
GOVERNMENT & NONPROFIT
Check out Go Government for information about federal jobs, internships, and government resources.
CALL TO SERVE CAREER GUIDES
Are you interested in pursuing a career with the federal government? Need information and resources to provide the best advice and strategies for success for your particular areas of interest? The Partnership for Public Service’s Go Government career guides are now online and a great resource for students to see how their major could translate into a job in the federal government.
Get a Head Start on Your Resume
Subscribe to the UGA CareerCenter YouTube station for more informational videos.
* All University of Georgia Career Center sponsored events are for UGA students and alumni only.
* The Career Center is committed to providing access for all people with disabilities and will provide accommodations if notified in advance. To request accommodations please contact us at 706-542-3375.
* To help ensure a pleasant & productive environment for all participants, please follow these guidelines:
1. Respect all participants (employers, job seekers, & staff).
2. Appropriate attire is required and is determined by event. Some events require Professional or Business Attire.
3. For safety reasons, the doorways to the event (inside & out) & the surrounding areas must be kept clear at all times.
4. Participants are expected to cooperate with all reasonable requests made by members of the staff & all reasonable requests of any person acting in an official capacity as a representative of the participating institutions.
5. If questions or concerns arise during the event, please contact a member of the Career Center staff for assistance.
You may leave the list at any time by sending an e-mail to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU with the following text as the body of the e-mail: SIGNOFF ALUMNICAREERS * Please DO NOT use quotation marks or add any other text to the body of the message.
PLEASE DO NOT CLICK UNSUBSCRIBE BELOW, IT WILL NOT WORK.