A special update from the Superintendent!
Dear Parents and Community,
I have submitted my notice of my retirement to the Governing Board tentative date of June 30, 2021. It has been a privilege serving as Superintendent of the Wilson Elementary School District for 18 years.
It is my hope that I leave the District in a better position than when I started as Superintendent. In cooperation and teamwork with the Board, staff and community, the following have occurred during my tenure:
- Expanded programs for all students.
- New gymnasium for K-3 students.
- We demolished the trailers once used by the Community Center and constructed a new Community Center.
- Remodeled all classrooms along with new furniture.
- Constructed a state-of-the-art library for Wilson students and community members.
- Increased communication with community, staff, and administration.
- Created a STEM lab for K-3 students.
- Opened facilities to the community including the playground, library, and gymnasium for after hour use.
- Partnered with Phoenix Union High School District to create Phoenix Union/Wilson College Prep to provide additional opportunities for Wilson students.
- Upgraded from one-to-one PC’s to one-to-one laptops.
- Finally, we continue to send Wilson students to college.
I share this only because it is a demonstration of what is possible when everyone works as a team. It has been a pleasure working for the Wilson Community that has supported the district throughout the years. No matter, whether in a recession or pandemic the community has supported all Wilson Overrides and Bonds in elections throughout the years.
I know that with dedicated Wilson teachers and staff, Wilson students will continue to grow and expand their horizons.
Again, thank you for the privilege of serving the district and community.
Antonio A Sanchez,