May 19, 2017
Attention Dyer Bears:
Moving over the Summer?
New Gwinnett County Policy: In order to Enroll in another Gwinnett County School you must bring a Withdrawal Form and a Change of Status Form from your current school. You will not be able to register at the new school without those two forms.
Please send in a written notice that you will not be returning next year so the documents can be prepared for you.
Message from the Clinic
Important News from the Cafeteria
2016-2017 Parent Group Update
Dyer's Reading & Rollicking Fun Summer
Get a little R & R (Reading and Rollicking Fun) this summer. Relax throughout the summer by reading some great books. Enjoy bouts of rollicking fun by exploring things that excite your mind. All students who complete our R & R program will earn prizes when school starts in the fall.
You must do the reading and complete the Rollicking Fun activity to earn a prize.
Go to Dyer’s Summer Learning Page at www.dyersummer.weebly.com to learn more, find links to fun learning activity ideas, and to learn about the prizes.
Read 60 minutes a week (beginning the first week of June) You can record your minutes in two different ways:
1. Record minutes on the Beanstack website provided by Gwinnett County Public Library. The username and PIN will be created at school. You can also create your own parent and student Beanstack account at home. Website: www.gwinnettpl.beanstack.org
2. Print out a reading log from the Dyer Summer Learning web page.
Come up with two weeks’ worth of activities that excite your mind. Projects require think time to plan, gather, and create your masterpiece. Have fun expressing your interests.
- Caine’s Arcade (Watch video and create your own cardboard arcade mini arcade)
- Chain reaction challenge (Watch video and create your own Rube Goldberg machine)
- Music lessons, Dance Class, Art Class (Classes/Lessons that require you to learn about a topic/skill and create a final product at the end – like a painting, performance, etc.)
- Computer programming. You can use a program like Scratch
- Summer Bridge, Scoring High: ITBS, or other learning activity workbook
- Summer Learning Camp like Camp Invention
- Any other creative and learning activity that involves think time to plan, gather, and create!
After you finish your activity, create a way to share it with your class. For example, you can make a poster, write a paragraph, make a collage, or make a video highlighting your project. You are only limited by your imagination. If you choose to do a summer learning workbook, you can turn in the workbook.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
5th Grade Events Day & Walk
End-of-Year Class Parties
Last Day of School5th Grade Ceremony
Penny Wars is Coming!
1,2, 3, 4...We declare a Penny War! We need your help for our end-of-the-year fundraiser! Come help us count some money at 8:15am! Your support makes these events possible!