Town of Clarkdale Update
June 17, 2022
FREE concert in the Park Saturday
Clarkdale’s Concerts in the Park series welcomes back, by popular demand, Tony Buck and Cadillac Angels Saturday, June 18 from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. at the Clarkdale Town Park Gazebo (1001 Main Street).
Tony Buck and Cadillac Angels is one of the best rockabilly bands around. Although based in Arizona, the Cadillac Angels hail from Santa Barbara and have left their mark on the music scene since the early ’80s. The band, formally known as the Roadhouse Rockers with front man Tony Balbinot, energizes the crowd with a kind of music that has managed to survive more than 50 years. To learn more about the Cadillac Angels visit their website at www.cadillacangels.com.
The concert begins at 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. and the 50/50 raffle is back!. Bring your chairs and food/water or plan to visit one of the local restaurants or concert vendors. Dogs are welcome on a leash and under control and please remember alcohol is not permitted in the park.
Next block party coming up
Major incidents reported to the department for the week of June 8 - June 14, 2022:
June 10: Lead Officer Guth and Detective Johnston are investigating a hit-and-run to a town vehicle that occurred in the town complex parking lot. The vehicle has been identified but not yet located.
- June 12: Lead Officer Guth assisted a mom by carrying her young son (with a broken leg) from the car to the house. A neighbor heard screams and called the police.
- June 14: Lead Officer Guth, Officer Montijo and the ambassadors searched the area of TAPCO RAP for a Silver Alert missing person out of Cottonwood.
Calls at the RAPs
Officers continue to assist Ambassadors with parking problems and traffic control at the RAPs during busy times as well as patrol the RAPs after hours.
June 14: Welcome aboard Joe Barney, our newest Ambassador.
- June 15: Staff began a 20-hour active shooter training course that is being taught by lead officer Sean Guth and School Resource Officer Derek Johnston. Both Officers went through extensive training this winter to bring the latest and most comprehensive training back to staff.
Total Calls: 58
Calls Criminal in Nature: 0
Traffic Stops: 29
Citations – non-traffic: 0
Requests for Citizen Assistance: 7
Animal Problems: 3
Requests by Other Agencies for Assistance: 3
Assists Criminal in Nature: 0
Responses to Calls at the RAPs: 2
Domestic Violence Calls: 0
Warrant Arrests: 0
Water resource reminder
During the months of May through September, outdoor water usage shall not occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Watering days shall be coordinated with your address as follows:
- Even-numbered addresses may irrigate on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
- Odd-numbered addresses may irrigate on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- No irrigation shall be allowed on Monday.
Free Business workshops offered
Upcoming Town election
Candidates are (in alphabetical order):
- Alicia “Lisa” O’Neill
- Laura F. Jones
- Linsey Branam
For more election information, please visit https://www.clarkdale.az.gov/163/Elections
Town Council Meeting
Tuesday, June 28th, 3pm
19 North 9th Street
The meeting will include adoption of the tentative 2022/2023 Town Budget.