the week of March 23rd, 2020
We hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Stay Engaged with Others
- "Hangout" with One Another - Instead of calling or texting a friend or family member, video chat. Facial cues, nonverbal communication and body language are important in bonding.
- "Send" Kindness - Instead of just "liking" someones post or commenting on someone's picture, send them a personal text/email or message to spread kindness. We all need a little extra kindness right now.
- Engage in your Interests - Whether you like to draw, sing, dance, read or create, do what you love and share it out!
Power of Choice - Our Family Copes Strong
Stop and take a mindful moment with the family using March’s talking tips about stress here: Power Talk for Families. We hear that word “stress” a lot. Usually we talk about stress as it affects an individual. But families also have stress they experience as a collective unit. The level of impact that a stressor has on the family and its members is based on the resources they have for dealing with the event. If a family has developed appropriate resources, they will see life changes as challenges to be met. If not, they may view a stressor as uncontrollable.
The Power of Choice is a collaborative project led by 360 Youth Services in District 203 and 204 middle and high schools growing the number of students making healthy choices regarding substance use.
Self-Care for Families
- Listen to an audio book - Audible has made hundreds of books free! To access the free titles, just visit stories.audible.com from any web browser.
- Color - it is great for all ages!
- Cook or Bake together
- Create something together - build something, glue something, write something, sing something, play something