We Are Together Tamanend!
February 4, 2013
Little Dresses for Africa
KAD Pizzeria Uno Nights
On Wednesday and Thursday nights of this week you can enjoy KAD Pizzeria Uno Nights! If you are in the mood for pizza, or you just want to support KAD, stop by for take out, or eat in with your family and bring flier linked here. Uno's will donate 20% of proceeds to the KADMF. See you there!
8th Grade Program Planning
Mid Year Pep Talk
- Students can make flashcards and self-review checks by using the app, Study Blue. It is free and can be used on computers, smart phones, and other smart devices. No more need for index cards!
- Desmos.com has created a free online scientific/graphing calculator. It is a beautiful and powerful learning tool.
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target'sTake Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Placewhere you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- Tamanend is sponsoring a Family Pancake Breakfast to benefit KAD on February 17th from 9 - 12 p.m. at Tamanend Middle School in the Cafeteria. For $7 per person, families are invited for seatings at 9 a.m., 10 a.m., or 11 a.m.. If you want to reserve seating, please use our online reservation signup page.
- In order to promote more students eating breakfast before school, Tamanend has a breakfast cart. Students will be able to purchase breakfast items from 7:10 a.m. until 7:27 a.m. NEW LOCATION FOR THE CART: Outside the Auditorium by the back of Mr. Sanchez's room so that students may buy breakfast as they arrive to school. Students will be able to use their IDs to swipe their account number, or they can enter it manually. Students will be allowed to eat breakfast in their homerooms. For more information about the selection and prices, click here.
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- It is Kelly Anne Dolan Season at TMS. If you would like to donate to the KAD Memorial Fund online: http://dolanfund.org/account (please note "Tamanend" when donating online). If you would like to get involved, please email Mr. Jeff Klein or call 267.893.2910.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- Students currently taking an Algebra course will take the PA Keystone Exam in Algebra this year, unless they took the Algebra Keystone two years ago and were proficient. The following is a link with more information about the PA Keystone Exams: http://www.cbsd.org/curriculum/assessment/Pages/PA-Keystone-Exams.aspx.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.