Mrs. Bertsche and Mrs. Gilbert
Newsletter Week of October 14, 2013
What we are learning
Reading –As we start reading we will be learning about the front cover, back cover, spine, title, author, and illustrator. Students are also encouraged to ask questions while reading. Students will also be learning he difference between a story and a poem. Students are working on being able to tell the characters in a story.
Math – Working on the number 8, the shape octagon, and counting out a certain number of objects.
Color Words – This week we will be working on the color pink.
Letters – We will be working on the upper and lower case leter "Ii". Please work with your child on all their letters and sounds.
Sight Words – Please practice the sight words.
Writing - We will be working on writing your child's name, the number and word 8, capital and lower case lettter "Ii", pink.
Other Classroom News
* Please make sure you are checking your child's rocket folder and behavior chart every night.
* Please make sure you are checking and signing your child's behavior chart every night.
* If you have any notes to send in, please put them in the rocket folder.
* If you are sending money in please put it in a sandwich bag or an envelope saying what the money is for and put it in the rocket folder.
* Please do not allow your child to bring toys to school unless it is for an assignment.
* Please work with your child on zipping up coats and jackets and tying their shoes. After winter break we will not be doing this for the children any more.
*If you are sending in birthday treats please make sure you are sending in enough for 24 in the AM and 29 in PM.
*Please make sure your child's binder is in order. The order is behavior chart, newsletter, homework, practice work, take home folder.
* You are invited to attend the October 17, 2013 PTO meeting. We will be discussing our school wide title 1 program. It is at 6:00 pm in OES Library.
*A huge thank you goes out to all of the parents, for being flexible with the times of the field trip and all the chaperones volunteering their time.
-October 11th: NO SCHOOL!
-October 14TH: NO SCHOOL!
-October 25TH: Fall Festival 5:30-8:00