Oreo Cookie Activity
Plate boundaries with cookies
Transcendence (Orchestral Version) - Lindsey Stirling by R3M41N5
- Convergent boundaries collide creating folded mountains, divergent boundaries spread apart creating rifts or ridges. Transform boundaries create faults. All boundaries can form with continental plates and/or oceanic plates.
-How many different types of convergent boundaries are there? What are they called and what are their characteristics?
- Continental-Continental (Folded Mountains)
- Continental-Oceanic (Subduction, volcanoes)
- Oceanic-Oceanic (Island Arcs)
-What occurs when there is a transform boundary?
-What types of boundaries create mid-Atlantic ridges?
- Divergent Boundary
-Which types create mountains?
- Convergent boundaries create folded mountains, the plates have equal or similar density so they collide and since they have equal force the plates move up.
-Which types of plate boundaries do you think create earthquakes?
- Transform boundaries, they push next to each other until they slip creating an earthquake.