March 9, 2018
On the Calendar
PTA Meeting 6:00 pm Library
Tuesday -Chess Club
Wednesday - Whittier Wednesday - Wear Spirit Wear
4th Grade Field Trip to Mahone
Thursday - Archery Tournament
Friday - Wear Green today!
5th Grade Intramurals
Parent Leadership Academy
Research has found that when families are involved at home and at school, children do better in school and their school improves. Parental support and advocacy have protective effects on children and help them stay in school and on track to graduate. The Office of Diversity Student and Family Engagement will start initiating the Parent Leadership Academy that will be taking place at Brass Community School and Stocker Elementary School on the week of March 12. The hours of the training will be from 5:00-7:00 p.m. The training will be for six-weeks for two hour sessions.
Due to the recent events regarding school violence, there are many things being discussed regarding school safety. We were recently notified that Officer James Hackney of the Pleasant Prairie Police Department will be providing tours of our Pleasant Prairie schools to fellow officers. The purpose of these tours is to provide their department with a better understanding of how our schools operate and their physical layouts. With this information, they hope to be even better prepared to respond to school emergencies should the need arise. Please know that during the tours, we may have more than one squad car in the parking lot and your child may notice uniformed officers in the building. We will notify staff and students of the visits ahead of time so it does not raise concern.
Tours have been scheduled on the following dates:
· Monday, March 12, 2018
· Tuesday, March 13, 2018
· Thursday, March 15, 2018
· Thursday, March 22, 2018
We appreciate the opportunity to help our local law enforcement be as prepared as possible to support our families. If you have any questions about these visits or any other aspect of school safety, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Curley at 262.359-2111.
PTA- Cherrydale Fundraiser
Online Registration Tips
Registration begins February 19th
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Please have on hand the following information before you begin the online registration process:
· Household information – address and phone numbers
· Parent/guardian information – email address, birthdates, work and cell phone numbers
· Student information – demographic and health/medical information (including physician information)
· Emergency contact information – remember to use full name(s) and phone numbers
DO you already have students in the district?
· Log on to the parent portal and use the link for existing students. You can add your 4K or Kindergarten child(ren) in the student section.
· Forgot your password for the parent portal? Click the “Help” button on the parent portal log in screen.
· Select link in your Inbox, complete registration making any changes needed and submit.
DO NOT already have students in the district?
· Go to the KUSD website www.kusd.edu.
· Click the REGISTRATION tab on the home page.
· Use the “REGISTER TODAY” link for new families. If you have any questions or run into a problem, please contact the Central Enrollment office at 262-359-7000, Monday – Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
IMPORTANT: Write down your application number in case you need to begin the process over.
· Fill out and answer all questions. Once you finish the online questions, make sure you click
IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE DISTRICT YOUR ENROLLMENT IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU DO THE FOLLOWING:
In order for your enrollment to be complete, you must now visit the school your student will be attending and provide the following:
- Proof of residency *One or more items may be requested by your school to verify proof of residency
- CURRENT WE Energies Bill
- CURRENT Title/Mortgage Information
- CURRENT Lease Agreement
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Immunization Records
- Parent/guardian government issued photo ID
- Preschool and Kindergarten students ONLY: Health, Dental, and/or Kindergarten Screening Forms
Drop Off Begins at 7:15 AM
Mon-Thur 7:25 AM - 2:25 PM
Friday Dismissal 11:21 AM
6:55 – 7:25 a.m in MPR
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM