Hungry Letter Mouse
Fluency: Letter Recognition
- Could be further developed and adjusted for older grade levels
- RF.K.1d - Recognize and name all upper - and lowercase letters of the alphabet
- Students will be able to identify the selected upper and lowercase letters of the alphabet along with its sound.
- This work station will help students gain fluency with letter and sound recognition. This includes upper and lowercase letters.
How To Create It
- The lesson is adaptable to each class based on their academic ability and level
2) Place the counter over one letter and picture
3) Have students draw the letter (upper and lowercase) on their white board
4) Students will demonstrate the sound that belongs to that particular letter
5) If students wrote the letter correct, they can let the mouse eat the letter (erase the letter)
6) Repeat until the students go through the alphabet
2) Add words. To further develop the work station, have students write a word that begins with the selected letter. This will help students start to see the relationship between letters and words.