World Geography Final Review
- The cold war still affects Europe because of the eastern Europe countries still have economic, political and cultural ties with Russia.
- The UN was created to keep world peace, maintain grasp among members and to provide humanitarian aid.
- The population shift in Europe after the EU formed was because people migrated to western Europe for employment and more industrialized countries.
- Russia is hurting its people because every time they get made at the west and don't accept their goods, shortening food for people.
- North Africa is different from the rest of Africa because of the sahara Desert dividing them.
- Nelson Mandela lead the struggle to end apartheid.
- Africa has poor economies not due to their abundance of natural resources, but due to their lack of infrastructure, money, education levels and their unstable political system.
- The rapid spread of H1N1 flu and ebola is due the the increase of travel which spreads disease.
- African tribes use traditional beliefs, government based on family ties and conflicts about land or territory.
- The african influence in the Caribbean is because of the middle passage way used during slave trading.
- Oil rich nations in the Middle East need to start relying on more things other than just oil. (diversify their economy)
- Saudi Arabia is important to many people in the world because of its OIL and RELIGIOUS CITES.
- The Middle east has adapted to its lack of fresh water by becoming the worlds leading desalinization technology. ( take out salt in salt water)
- Most Chinese cities are located on the coast, east and/or on fertile land.
- Always loom at the GDP of a country when analyzing it.