HAPPY NEW YEAR!
VMBA Member Winter Update
The Association Had a Productive Year...
* VMBA independently awarded $6,000 in trail grants
* VMBA sponsored our first trail clinic for chapters in June
* Advocacy efforts with Fish & WIldlife have been successful
* Significantly matured our relationship with the VT Dept. of Tourism
* Effectively promoted trail networks while respecting the wishes of chapters/landowners
* Established strategic alliances with other Vermont nonprofits
* Developed umbrella 501c3 status and insurance coverage for chapters
* Launched the first ever VMBA Membership campaign
* Provided members with exceptional benefits through the coupon book
* Revised the strategic plan and added board members
* Developed professional on-site display and branding/marketing materials
* Hosted an awesome festival at the Ascutney Trails! (July 11-13, 2014)
* Three new chapters were assisted in getting underway
* Developed a professional sponsorship program for companies to engage
VMBA is Making Real Progress
The future of mountian biking in Vermont is exceptionally bright. We are just beginning to learn the amazing potential of mountain biking tourism. This is a very good thing for all riders in Vermont; whether you ride mapped trails or not. VMBA is dedicated to protecting the balance between trail networks that can sustain heavy increases in traffic and those that should not be promoted.
Both VT Dept. of Tourism and Forests Parks and Recreation are invested partners that have shown an appreciation for the nuances of riding in Vermont while aggressively embracing the future. VMBA has established itself as an association able to take an active role in creating a sustainable future for land use, economic vitality for Vermont and healthy lifestyle opportunities. This is in no small part because of VMBA members without whom this work is not possible.
Beyond tourism, there are a number of exciting opportunities for riders in Vermont. Fat-biking is enjoying growth beyond what anyone would have thought just a few years ago. Awesome chapter events cover the entire summer for people looking for the best riding and camaraderie, and the VMBA festival will enjoy the splendor of Ascutney Trails once again this summer on July 11-13, MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Items to Look for in 2014
Here's a short list of other items to keep an eye out for in 2014:
* Beefed up member benefits... you're going to love them!
* A brand spankin new web site filled with awesome and frequently updated content
* The VMBA 2014 season "Events Pass" getting you access to events at a big discount
* New partnerships that VMBA members will be stoked about - downhill anyone?
* Another sweet raffle and give-a-ways
The association will be moving to a new web site platform, which will contain a new and improved membership platform customized for VMBA. You all will receive automatic updates and reminders as your membership comes to an end each year. Remember, VMBA membership is from April 1st to April 1st. Reminders will go out from the new platform beginning on March 1st.
Our Collective Goal for 2014
Our goal for membership in 2014 is 3000 members. An increase in membership at a price point that is much less than an alpine day pass, would afford VMBA the opportunity to significantly grow the trail grant and develop more trail for riders. VMBA's advocacy has provided the space and opportunity to build your new favorite trail - we simply need riders to share in the process.
THE CHALLENGE: This spring we all need to get at least one friend to become a VMBA member in 2014. Who's the person you'll get?
Need a Winter Tune Up?
$10 off a level two tune up between today and March 15th. Be sure you have your VMBA member coupon book with you (this offer is NOT a coupon in the book - the coupon book itself simply shows you're a current member).
Monday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
Friday 10:00 am – 6:30 pm
Saturday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
40 Depot Sq.
Northfield, VT 05663