This Week in Geometry
February 8 - February 12
Please Read - Laptops
8th graders will be taking the benchmark for reading and math during this round of testing. It is important that students attend on these days and that they do their best on these tests. Even though these are not the real STAAR tests, they are going to be used to see what we need to work on in preparation for STAAR, so the results are very important.
If you have any questions about these upcoming tests, please let me know. If I don't know the answer, I can find it out.
STAAR and STAAR Review
As you know, Geometry students in 8th grade are still required to take and pass the 8th grade STAAR. I am not worried about any of my Geometry students and their ability to pass the test. But, there are some topics that are covered in 8th grade math that were not covered in Algebra last year and that are not covered in Geometry this year. I have sent and will continue to send home STAAR review packets each week in an attempt to make sure that students know these concepts.
As always, if a student needs any help at all, they are more than welcome to come during tutoring to ask questions. Also, they may ask questions before/after class over these packets. Finally, there is an online sticky note board posted in blackboard where they can post questions over the STAAR reviews.
STAAR Dates (for your reference):
Tuesday, March 29: 8th grade Math (and 7th grade Writing)
Wednesday, March 30: 8th grade Reading
Monday, May 9: 7th grade Math
Tuesday, May 10: 7th grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11: 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12: 8th grade Social Studies
Copies of Assignments
1. I post copies of all daily work and notes pages on blackboard. Students should be able to access them anywhere they have Internet connection. Also on blackboard is a calendar where I post daily entries with detailed descriptions of what was done in class that day. I also post pictures of my notebook on blackboard so that students can see any notes they have missed.
2. I attach copies of anything that is a daily grade in skyward as well. Students (and parents) can access these files.
3. Students can ask me for any work they missed as well, but this method is not the quickest way to get work, as it usually has to wait until there is a chance during class for me to pull that work.
Students are responsible for keeping up with their notebooks and making sure they get any missed notes if they are absent. They are also responsible for getting their missing work.
Tests will NOT be posted online, so if a students misses or needs to retake/correct a test or quiz, they will need to come to tutorials.
This Week In Geometry
- We will continue working on Unit 7 - Quadrilaterals
- Benchmark testing: Wednesday and Thursday
- Next Test: Monday, February 15