Holmes Elementary School - Week Ending - 11/30/2018
Thank you for Your Donations
The Holmes Community shows once again that we are a caring group, willing to share with those in need. Due to your generosity we are able to purchase gifts for 26 individuals.
4th Grade Specials Showcase Coming Soon
Parents, the 4th grade Art, Music, and Spanish showcase is quickly approaching. The showcase will be held on Thursday, December 13th in the Holmes auditorium. The times for the showcase are broken up by class and are as follows:
4A and 4C: Students must arrive by 5:15 p.m. The showcase will start at 5:30 and student artwork can be viewed from 6:00-6:15
4Mc, 4S, 4W: Students must arrive by 6:00 p.m. The showcase will start at 6:15 and student artwork can be viewed from 6:45-7:00.
Please fill out this permission slip to acknowledge your child's' participation in the showcase. We look forward to seeing you there!
Art, Music and Spanish Team
A Christmas Carol
Way to go Henry!
For more information, click here.
Holmes School Presents - The Polar Express
Celebrate Holmes Staff
Families, have you noticed a Holmes teacher or staff member who deserves a compliment or a thank you? Has this person made a difference for your child? Please share the reason in a brief email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we may recognize and thank them!
IMPORTANT DATES/THINGS TO REMEMBER
- DINEOUT at Potbelly’s, December 3 from 5pm-8pm
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon - December 4 - 10:45-1:30
- On-site dental clinic - December 5-7
- Hawk Nest - December 5
- Report Card Distribution - December 7
- Link-to-Learning - December 12 - 8:00-9:45
- Polar Express Movie Night - December 14 - 6:00-8:30
- Winter Break December 24 - January 4
- Classes Resume - January 7
- Holmes Book Fair, Tuesday - Thursday, January 29-31, 9am - 7pm and Friday, Feb 1, 9am - noon
Community Hawk Nest
1. Our next Link-to-Learning PTO Meeting is December 12 from 8:15-9:45 AM! Please join us on December 12, 2018, at 8:15 am for our next Link 2 Learning. We are excited to have Dr. Colleen Cira (an Oak Park parent), Founder and Executive Director of Cira Center for Behavioral Health share how Holmes can come together as a Community Hawk Nest to support all of our students through understanding, compassion, and empathy.
During this workshop, you will learn about some of the possible factors that contribute to social-emotional and behavioral challenges for children (e.g. children who are on the autism spectrum, have experienced trauma in their lives, or suffer from anxiety), and how these factors can manifest through student behavior. Workshop participants will gain valuable insights into how Holmes can come together as a Community Hawk Nest to support all children. Participants will learn practical ways to talk with their children about the diverse needs of their peers, and will discuss strategies that children can use to react to certain behaviors while showing empathy to students who are in need of different support structures.
When: Monday, December 3; 5pm-8pm
Where: Potbelly 1100 W Lake St
Who: Anyone who wants to support the Holmes community
More information? Click here for the flyer.
The PTO and Holmes School Needs You!
How Scrip Works: ShopWithScrip is a different kind of fundraiser—with the help of over 750 brands, it turns your everyday shopping into earnings for our Holmes School. By paying for your purchases with gift cards, also known as scrip, you’ll earn money for Holmes on your every day purchases (groceries, gas, dining out, home improvement projects, clothing, travel, and more). How? Every gift card has a rebate percentage on it, normally between 2% and 16%. That rebate goes directly to OUR SCHOOL.
Family Registration is easy
1) Log on to ShopWithScrip.com
2) Click "Join Program" Blue Button
3) Enter Holmes PTO Enrollment Code 6BL378C861333
4) Shop Away! You use the gift card (at its full value) on your everyday shopping. I.e. a $100 Old Navy Gift card purchased through the Holmes PTO ShopWithScrip program earns you $100 of Old Navy Merchandise AND Holmes School $14 cash. (Old Navy Rebate is 14%).
5) Gift Card Delivery
E-Cards delivered directly your email at the time of purchase. In order to keep shipping costs at a minimum, physical gift card orders will be placed the 1st Tuesday of each month and delivered to the Holmes School the following week.