Fall 2020 PWSH Chromebook Pickup
@Plano West August 7 &10 & Now Aug. 11th
**UPDATE** Please read below for updated instructions for picking up Chromebook August 12th - August 14th
**Instructions for August 12th-14th Chromebook Distribution
Plano West Community:
As we prepare for the beginning of school and the continued use of remote learning, we want to make technology available for every student. All students at Plano West Senior High will be issued a Chromebook for the 2020-21 school year. This will allow us the flexibility to adjust if necessary according to health concerns in regards to COVID 19. Whether students will be engaging in Face-to-Face learning or School@Home, all students should pick-up their Chromebook at Plano West on the days indicated below. Students who opt for Face-to-Face learning will carry this device back and forth when learning commences on campus on September 9th.
Chromebook distribution for our students will occur Friday, August 7th from 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. and Monday, August 10th from 9:00 am - 4:00 p.m.
******* Added August 11 from 1:00 - 4:00. p.m. ********To schedule your pick-up, please go to SIGNUP GENIUS and select your date and time.
In order to assist with traffic flow, please arrive during your scheduled time and enter at the bus lane entrance from Willow Bend Drive (please refer to the map below). You will remain in your vehicle and will be asked to scan a QR code or Website Link to sign in as you wait. There will be several large signs posted with the QR code and Website in visible locations in the carpool line. A staff member will place a Chromebook and charger in your trunk or the passenger seat as you arrive at the pickup zone. Please know that while we cannot estimate wait time, we will make every effort to accommodate families within a timely manner. We encourage families to arrive for your scheduled time, not earlier, so that we can manage traffic. All devices have been sanitized.
Information needed to complete the QR code form in the bus lane:
- Students ID number
- Student email address
- Student phone number (optional)
- Parent/Guardian email address
- Parent/Guardian phone number
* If your student hasn't returned their Chromebook from last year and are a 12th grade seniors this year, they may hold on to it. You will be asked to verify that you still have a working device at a later time. *
- A staff member will issue you a sanitized Chromebook and power cord. Should you need a mobile hotspot for internet access, please notify us at that time. Hotspots will be distributed at a later date.
CHROMEBOOK CURB-SIDE PICKUP PROTOCOL:
1. Complete the SIGNUP GENIUS. Arrive at your pickup time.
2. Enter the North bus lane entrance from Willow Bend Dr. near the large gym.
3. Follow the signs and traffic flow around the parking lot.
4. Scan QR code or enter Website link to sign in prior to reaching the pickup area.
5. Please stay in your car.
6. Exit at the South entrance of the parking lot, right turn only.