An Update from Barrington High School - October 09, 2020
MARK YOUR CALENDAR - S1 SAVE THE DATES
Monday, October 12th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM - see below
Wednesday, October 14th - PSAT NMSQT for Juniors - NON ATTENDANCE DAY
Thursday, October 15th - In Service Day - NO SCHOOL
Friday, October 16th - In Service Day - NO SCHOOL
Monday, October 19th - First day of Hybrid Learning**
Wednesday, October 21st - Class of 2022 College Bound Program**
Thursday, October 22nd - Class of 2022 Q&A Session with College Counselors** (more here)
Monday, November 2nd - BHS Parent Teacher Conferences
Tuesday, November 3rd - Election Day - NO SCHOOL
Friday, November 6th - Regular school day for staff & students (calendar change)
Monday, November 9th - 13th - Yearbook Pictures (more information to follow)**
Monday, November 16th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM
Wednesday, November 25th - Friday November 27th - THANKSGIVING BREAK - No School
Monday, December 14th - PTO Meeting (zoom meeting) 9:15AM
Tuesday, December 22nd - Last day of semester 1
**Indicates new item
BHS ready to implement Hybrid mode on October 19th
- Self-Certification - Parents MUST self certify that their students are symptom and fever free each day using the Infinite Campus parent portal (under more, COVID 19 Symptom Screening).
- Masks - Masks must be worn at ALL times while on campus and on the bus.
- Distancing - Students will be seated 6 feet apart in class and common areas.
- Distancing - Students will be assigned to a specific area for lunch/open.
- Distancing - Hallways and stairwells are marked one way to maintain social distancing.
- Hand Washing and Sanitizing - Sanitation stations (containing hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes) are located throughout the building.
- No Lockers - Students will not be issued lockers. Backpacks may be brought to school. Please do not bring bulky items or too many supplies as there is limited space for backpacks in the classrooms.
To make the transition back to in-person learning, we need your help! Please ask your student to locate his/her lanyard and student ID before coming to school on October 19, 2020. Safety measures require all students to wear their lanyard/ID's. Also, make sure that your students backpack is equipped with: an extra mask, hand sanitizer, personal pens/pencils, notebooks, headphones, charger & cable and remind them to charge their device the night of Sunday, October 18, 2020.
Next week. we will be rolling out our "Hybrid High 5's", daily tips to make sure everyone is ready to Return to Learn.