Mrs. Jackson & Mrs. Krehbiel's
4th Grade Newsletter
Save the Date!
- Empty Pizza Boxes due Friday, May 6th (May 9th at the latest)
- Metric Olympics: Wednesday, May 11th Want to volunteer? Click here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0444aeae2ca3fd0-minimetric
- White T-Shirts Due: Friday, May 13th
- Memory Book Publishing Day: Friday, May 13th
- PTO Supply Orders due: Friday, May 20th
- 4th Grade Field Day - Thursday, May 26th 12:00-3:00
Field Day Fun
Instead of having a classroom party at the end of the year, 4th grade students will be participating in Field Day. It will take place on the last day of school, Thursday, May 26th. Students should bring a brown bag lunch. We will leave IHES at 11:45 and spend the afternoon at Stephan Field. Students will eat a picnic lunch from 12:00-12:30, and then rotate through games and activity stations for the rest of the afternoon. Please keep an eye out for an email from your child's homeroom teacher for more information.
ELA: Vocabulary Quiz
As you may know, we've been reading the novel The One and Only Ivan. Students have been working hard on learning new vocabulary words. They were just quizzed on the first 16 words - you can find that quiz in this week's Friday folder. They are currently learning 16 new words. They will bring home their baggy of words to study next Monday, May 9th. Their second quiz will be next Friday, May 13th. This quiz will only cover the second set of words.
PTO Supply Orders
Can you believe it's already time to start thinking about next year? Please be on the lookout for a purple flier regarding PTO supply boxes. Orders are due Friday, May 20th. Late orders will not be accepted. You can order online here: http://www.ihpto.org/order/pre-packaged-school-supplies/