Christie Newsletter No. 18
Staying Connected, Collaborative, and Committed
Our Mission & Vision
Walls that Teach...
Check out this anchor chart for expository writing...
QUESTION of the WEEK! (NEW ADDITION)
This week let's ask kids what they LOVE about reading and writing!
Next week I will post the teacher and student responses that we gather! HAPPY INQUIRY!
What does reading mean to you?
Take a moment to complete this Self-Reflection Activity:
- What were your reading experiences as a child?
- Were these positive or negative?
- Do you see yourself as a reader?
- How do you share your reading experiences-both current and from the past - with your students?
- With which group of readers in your classroom do you most identify - the underground readers, the developing readers, or the dormant readers?
- Who have been your role models for reading?
Think about how your answers are connected to the quote above.
How do our reading lives affect our students' reading lives?
IMPORTANT Dates & Events
Name & Need, 2.1.16
TELPAS Training (all Bilingual teachers), 2.3.16, in the Cafe @ 3:15-4:00
4th Grade Writing Simulation, 2.3.16
Team Leader, 2.4.16
FAMILY DANCE, 2.5.16
Collaborative Planning, 2.10.16
DRILLS (all), 2.11.16
5th Grade District PD, 2.12.16
Valentine's Day Parties, 2.12.16
Campus PD, 2.15.16 (PBIS)
Staff PD, 2.17.16 (5th grade presenting Mindset & PLC Task-force)
4th Grade District PD, 2.19.16
PLC Booster, 2.26.16
3rd Grade District PD, 2.26.16
Boosterthon Pep Rally, 2.29.16