Discussing what a monarchy is.
Monarchy- A form of government in which a monarch(A king, queen, or emperor) is at head.
Pros of Having a Monarchy
- It represents centuries of history and tradition.
- Apolitical Head of State who is above party politics.
- Things get done more efficiently.
- One leader who decides eliminating party bickering's.
Cons of Having a Monarchy
- Things get done the way the monarch wants.
- Head of State not elected by the people.
- The people could end up with a "bad" monarch and can't do anything about it.
- All taxes go to the monarch.
There are still many modern monarchies, but here are some examples:
- Spain- King Juan Carlos l
- United Kingdom- Queen Elizabeth ll
- Sweden- King Carl XVl
Monarchs of Europe