Lone Star Language Academy
Important Information and Reminders
- Wear Red, White, & Blue on Tuesday, September 11th for Remembrance Day.
- Groovy Music Friday with Mr. Soto, September 14th. Wear tie-dye to celebrate the 60's decade.
- Volunteers MUST go through a background check conducted by our district office. Once the check is cleared, volunteers are notified and may begin helping on campus. Until this clearance is obtained, they are not to be involved in any educational or extra-curricular activities.
Visitor and Volunteer Policy
Lone Star Language Academy encourages parents and family members to regularly visit the school and become involved in student activities. The impact that positive parental involvement has on the learning and development of students is immeasurable. With that in mind, the following policies must be adhered to so that a safe, secure, and productive learning environment can be ensured for all.
- Visitors MUST sign in at the main office whenever they are on campus. They will be provided with a visitor ID that must be worn while on campus. Visitors are not permitted to make unscheduled or drop-in visits to classrooms. Visits to classrooms must be scheduled with the teacher and LSLA administration. Visits can range between 10-20 minutes.
- When visiting campus to meet with teaching staff, visitors must have a pre-arranged time set up with the teacher(s) in question except for urgent matters. Times are best arranged via email. With few exceptions, conferences are scheduled during teacher/team planning time, and/or immediately before or after school. Under no circumstances can a teacher be interrupted while providing instruction before, during, or after the school day to meet with a parent.
2nd Grade Science Habitat Project
Message from Ms. Carrera:
Check out last weeks recap!
Students participated in an emergency response training in the event we have serious situations occur. We do monthly fire drills and will also conduct three lockdown practice drills each year.
LSLA truly appreciates ALL of our parents. Thank you to those who have brought and donated items such as breakfast, lunch, water, cokes, Fall decorations, and most IMPORTANTLY your time and patience. Words cannot express the gratitude we have towards such an amazing parent community.
The PTO has been established. Thank you to all of the parents who participated, emailed and attended the September meeting. Although the board will be taking on an instrumental role in supporting our teachers, membership becomes the essential backbone of a PTO.
Sub-committees and parent support will carry the PTO and be the driving force that leads us to success. When the PTO sends home membership applications we ask that every family joins and shows their support both financially and in service. In reality, all the efforts and fundraising that takes place is providing your children with the best education and resources.
If you have any questions please email the PTO board at PTO@lonestartx.org
President: Iza Erskine
Vice-President: Becca Bradley
Secretary: Lourdes Figueroa
Treasurer: Clara Damti
We have started our testing. We are in the process of testing all of our ESL students. The testing will be conducted on weekends due to the fact that we don’t want to pull any of our Paraprofessionals from their busy inclusive schedules. Ms. Rodarte will be contacting parents to set-up ESL testing dates.
Once we have completed those tests we will move to the first term of MAPs testing for all students. The dates and subjects will be posted on our school website calendar and sent home through our newsletter. During MAPs testing all of LSLA is in testing mode where we utilize all staff members.
Our LSLA Spirit Shirt Sale came to an end on Friday, September 7th. The order will be processed and delivered within 7-10 business days.
On Friday’s students may wear appropriate jeans with an LSLA collard shirt, College T-Shirt or LSLA Spirit Shirt. On Friday and ONLY Friday students may wear out of color shoes.
Please be mindful of the different activities that will be coming to LSLA. We would appreciate for the staff and student body to participate. (Friday Tunes with Mr. Soto, Spirit Week, Red Ribbon Week, and much MORE!)
Have a nice weekend & Go EAGLES!
Ms. Priscila Carrera