The Westside Wonder
Westside Parent Newsletter
Click the link to view our parental involvement plan. We would love to have you volunteer!
- Instruction begins at 7:45 and the tardy bell rings at 7:50. If you arrive past 7:50 please walk your child to the doors so you can sign them into the office.
- Please do not pass in the car rider line. This is not safe for our students or parents. Please make sure your child exits out of the passenger side so that they do not have to cross in front of cars.
- If you have any transportation changes, please make sure that you let Ms. Donna know by 2:30. This helps ensure that she has enough time to alert teachers of the change.
- Parents will be able to come eat lunch with their child at our outdoor picnic area.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to school and refill it our touch less water fountains.
Important Dates to Note
- November 8th-12th--Interim 1 for 3-5
- November 9th-November PTO Meeting
- November 11th- Veterans Day
- November 15th-Progress Reports Home
- November 22nd-26th--Thanksgiving Break
GHS Book Drive
Celebrate Good Times!
Notes from Nurse Gina
A Peek at Last Week
This week K-2 will be visiting Mrs. Page’s class. In Kinder, we will be discussing how to be a bucket filler and reflecting on our word of the month. Be sure to ask them how they filled someone’s bucket this week.
In 1st and 2nd grade, we will be discussing how to understand emotions and feelings. Sometimes Kids don’t know how to express themselves verbally. If that is the case, we need to help them express it in other ways. For example, pointing to the feeling and coloring it.
If you have any questions or need anything, please do not hesitate to contact her. firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-679-1029 ext 3.
RISE up Greenbrier!
Click here to learn all about Scarborough's Rope and how it helps us understand how to help a child read!
This website has great videos to help your child with all kinds of skills!
RISE Newsletter for November
Character Strong at Home!
Lunch Times for 2021-2022
District Point of Contact
You can find information about our district COVID plans here.
Word of the Month
Subs are Needed!
Assistant Principal: Caroline Baker
Counselor: Cassie Page
Secretary: Donna Bradke