Burleson Elementary Newletter
September 17, 2020
MAYOR CANDIDATES - ELECTION SEPTEMBER 25TH
Professional Development-Teacher Training
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
On Monday, the teachers visited Lubbock Cooper for observations and professional development. We traveled to North Elementary and gained some new ideas to implement in our classrooms. We model what we teach and learning is our number one priority!
We are Bronco Nation and proud to serve your children!
¡Hemos estado ocupados trabajando para hacer crecer a los estudiantes y al personal! Terminamos todas las pruebas MAP y BAS para todos los estudiantes. ¡Tenemos una base de datos y estamos trabajando para satisfacer todas las necesidades de los estudiantes para garantizar el máximo crecimiento educativo para todos! ¡Nuestro día más largo nos permite tener más tiempo para trabajar con los estudiantes en grupos pequeños e instruir sobre las habilidades específicas necesarias! ¡Tenemos la suerte de tener un personal dedicado al éxito de los estudiantes! ¡Por favor asegúrese de continuar animando y agradeciendo a los maestros / personal por todo su arduo trabajo! Estamos trabajando para pasar de BUENO A GRANDE y ¡Juntos podemos! ¡Seguro que somos bendecidos aquí en Meadow!
El lunes, los maestros visitaron Lubbock Cooper para realizar observaciones y desarrollo profesional. Viajamos a la Primaria North y obtuvimos algunas ideas nuevas para implementar en nuestras aulas. ¡Modelamos lo que enseñamos y aprender es nuestra prioridad número uno!
¡Somos Bronco Nation y estamos orgullosos de servir a sus hijos!
- Practice letter and sound recognition.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 6.
- Library book due back on Tuesday.
- Check snack list.
- Bring water bottle every day.
- Attendance is important daily.
- Fieldtrip to corn maze on September 25.
- Parent conferences will be in October.
Thank you for your support. Mrs. A 😊
1. Kindergarten Parent/Teacher conference is October 19th. This is different than the rest of the school. Please mark this in your calendar. More information to come!
2. Practice sight words every night!
3. Papers go home on Thursday's. Please check your child's folder and take them out.
4. Bring library books daily! We get new books on Wednesday's. We take AR Test on Friday's with our Reading Buddies.
Thank you for sharing your child with me! Please turn your Class Dojo notifications on so we can stay in contact :)
1. Sight Word test on Friday over 25 words.
2. Practice +2's every night.
3. Spelling test on Friday.
4. Parent Conferences will be October 12, look for information to come.
1. Practice math facts, we are working on +5 in class.
2. Study the spelling words for a test on Friday.
3. Bring your library book to school every day.
4. Remember to bring a water bottle each day(water only).
5. Be thinking of what time will work for you for a parent conference in October. Sign ups will happen soon. These can be done face to face, over the phone, or via Zoom.
- Sign up for a parent conference time if you have not done so!
- Book it notes will be coming home soon
- Make sure your child is bringing their library books everyday
- ALSO make sure your child is reading every night
- Practice math facts every night. We test every Friday on these.
- Bring math fact cards back to school each day. We use these during stations.
- Please make sure that your child is studying their Math facts everyday. We are making progress. Yay!!
- Monday, October 12th will be our parent conferences. Please check your dojo messages for information.
- Spelling Tests are every FRIDAY, please help them study!
- Broncoville applications have gone home, they are Due September 30th.
- Parent conferences October 12th, more info to come.
- Reading nightly helps in all areas of education!
- Math facts....math facts....please math facts!
MEADOW PTO CART
As we move into the season with drastic weather changes and more common flu and strep, please monitor your children for illness. If they have fever >100.0 F they CAN NOT come to school. Please don’t give them medicine to make fever or symptoms better and send them anyway. To return to school, your student must be fever free for 3 days WITHOUT the use of fever reducing medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, advil, etc. Please also keep an eye on your children for sore throats, coughing, or shortness of breath. We want to keep our school open and everyone as healthy as possible. If anyone has any questions please call me at the school or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, be sure to bring updated immunization records for this new school year if you haven’t already. I will be going through student’s immunization records that we have at school to make sure everyone is caught up. If you are not caught up (or we don’t have updated records), I will be contacting you by mail &/ phone to get your children up to date on immunizations.
As Always… WASH YOUR HANDS!
CHEERLEADERS SELLING TATTOOS
Prices ranging from .50 - $2.00
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS!!!
Friday, September 18th
HOMECOMING DRESS UP DAYS SEPTEMBER 22-SEPTEMBER 25
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.