September 9, 2022
A Note From Mrs. Mathe
This was a wonderful week! Our first progress reports for grades 2-4 were sent electronically this week. Students have been working so hard to learn classroom routines, expectations, and are diving deep into curriculum now. Progress reports can be found on Parent Access Center (PAC). With a PAC account, you can monitor your child's grades, attendance, and so much more. You can use this link to create an account: https://www.conroeisd.net/parents/ You will need to know your child's 6 digit ID (it's their lunch number).
September 9: Progress Reports available online for grade 2-4
September 12: Chess Club begins
September 21: Read for a Better Life Day
September 21: College Park Red Wagon Parade
September 27: PTO Meeting (11:15 am) Powell Library
October 7-10: No School
October 13: 4th Grade Fine Arts Day
October 14: Walk to School Day
October 14: Report Cards sent home
Car Rider Sign Request
Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch
Meals will no longer be free for all students for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Federal waivers providing free meals for all students the last 2 years have now expired
- Parents must complete an application for students to be eligible for free or reduced meals
- The online free and reduced application is OPEN NOW www.myschoolapps.com
Powell Transportation Change Note
Below is the Powell transportation change note for your convenience. The PDF file is below the image for printing. Please send a copy of this note to your child's teacher if you need to change their transportation.
Want to Recognize your Child's Teacher?
Teachers Achieving Excellence
Do you want to recognize an AWESOME Powell teacher? If so, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Parent Access.
- Click on communication.
- Choose Staff/Teacher excellence from the drop down menu.
- Select the employee to receive recognition from the drop down menu.
- Click create TAE.
- Click any of the pre-populated choices that apply.
- Type any additional comments in the Additional Comment box.
- Click the box labeled Create Teachers Achieving Excellence button.
SUPPORTING OUR FEEDER SCHOOLS
Powell Carnival- Passport through Powell
Powell Yearbooks On Sale NOW!
Yearbooks are on sale NOW! Order soon as there will be a price increase after September 16th!
Get your yearbook at the lowest price of $35 until September 16th, 2022! By ordering now, you can also get 4 free icons with personalization!
Follow the link to order your 2022-2023 Powell Elementary Yearbook!
4th Grade Yearbook Ads
CALLING ALL 4th GRADE PARENTS!
Place a special message for your graduating 4th grader in the 2022-2023 Powell Yearbook!
Yearbook Ads are on sale through November 18th, 2022!
Any questions, please email email@example.com
Lost and Found
Grade Level Newsletters
2nd Grade News
School SMS Messages
Powell Handbook Addendum
Our Mission and Vision
At Powell Elementary, we are dedicated to providing a positive learning environment that empowers students to strive for excellence, accept others, and treat everyone with kindness. Our goal is to encourage all students to persevere academically and be responsible citizens in our school, community, and the world around them!
The vision of Powell Elementary is to be a supportive, inclusive and intentional school community through:
- collaboration that provides consistent instructional practices to ensure daily learning and individual growth;
- focused instruction with high expectations that meets the needs of a diverse student population;
- cooperative partnerships with staff, parents, and the community to ensure a safe learning environment; and
- fostering compassion and character development through strong classroom communities.