Top TEN News @ Weston
August 30th, 2019
2. Parents now have access to their child’s NWEA Beginning of the Year scores through Powerschool. It is the Student Summary Report consisting of two (2) pages. If you are unable to access these please contact our office for help. If you would like to know more about this report contact your child’s homeroom teacher.
3. Our Success Groups for 2nd & 3rd grade began this past week. Success groups are a time that we ability group our students into small groups during Reading & Math time. These groups allow us to really focus on your child’s strengths and weaknesses to ensure proper growth. If you have questions about this please contact your child’s teacher. 1st grade begins on Sept. 3rd & Kindergarten on Sept. 9th.
4. FAMILY EDUCATION AND PRIVACY RIGHTS ACT: The law guarantees your family rights to privacy in school matters. You must notify the principal by September 1, or within fifteen days of enrollment (whichever is later in the school year) if you do not want your child's photo or name to appear in school-sponsored publications. This includes, newsletters, school directories, honor roll or awards lists, promotion rosters, athletic programs, etc.
5. IDOE's literacy team has created Literacy Family Guides for each elementary grade level K-5. These guides share grade level skills and ideas for how parents can get involved in their child's education. Click here to view the Spanish translation! These can also be found on the Weston website under the Parent Resources tab.
6. All Pro Dads begins next Friday. A flyer can be found below. Please RSVP for each month at https://allprodadsday.com/chapters/3898/chapter_meetings/33146
7. Donuts with Dad breakfast! We would love to have your student and their dad, grandpa, uncle, or special friend join us for some donuts on September 13th between the hours of 6:45am and 7:30am. The cost will be $2 per person. Please RSVP to the event here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8h3w7x5 We also ask that you park in the designated spot for this event. See the attached map. The doors will open promptly at 6:45am and we ask that you say your goodbyes to your student by 7:30am so they can get to their classroom to start their day!
We are also looking for a few volunteers to help with this event. If you are interested in helping, please follow this link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044BACA623AAFA7-donuts1
A flyer is attached.
8. Starting on Tuesday, September 3rd we are allowing visitors for lunch. Be aware that you must a current form of identification to be scanned into our security system.
10:30 - 11:00 = Kindergarten
11:05 - 11:30 = 1st Grade
11:35 - 12:00 = 2nd Grade
12:05 - 12:30 = 3rd Grade
9. Picture Day is on Friday, Sept. 6th. See the flyer below for more details.
10. Online Spirit Wear Sale for Weston goes through Sept. 8th. https://weston.itemorder.com/ If you click on the shirts many of them have different options for color and/or logo (Weston and GC). Once the items arrive we will send them home with your students. If you have multiple children at Weston we will send it with your oldest child.
Fall Registration is OPEN!
Indiana Children's Band
Greenfield Central School Foundation
Donate today :)
It's not too early to start!