Bonsall Bear News
December 5 - December 9
Hello Bonsall Bear Families,
There will be a lot of (fun!) information coming up over the next month so be sure to read the BBN carefully!
Our annual Penguin Patch start tomorrow! This is an exciting event for our kiddos each year. Please see the flyer below and call the office with any questions.
Thank you for attending our first Paper Picnic! See the pictures below of all the donations we received. We are so thankful for the support of our families! We had so much paper we had to bring in a forklift! And that was only about one third of the paper donated!
Love on Your Back continues their holiday drive to support our families. Their gratitude for the Thanksgiving donations is expressed below. Please consider your continued support for our BUSD families this holiday season. Their information is below for your convenience.
Our staff pours their hearts into the students and our school community! Please click this LINK to participate in a holiday staff luncheon.
Penguin Patch start tomorrow!!
Holiday Spirit Week!
Monday, Dec. 12th, 8:15am to Friday, Dec. 16th, 12:45pm
31555 Old River Road
We are looking for a Paraprofessional at BES!
Donate to the Bonsall Elementary Foundation that supports BES teachers and students!
The Bonsall Education Foundation (BEF) is a 501c3 non-profit organization to help fund schools in the Bonsall Unified School District. Our mission includes the following:
* Support Our Students Program (SOS)
* After-School Enrichment Opportunities
* Bonsall Sprouts Garden Program
* Giving Tree Award
* Dale Costa Memorial Scholarship
* BHS College & Career Scholarship
* Student Internship Program with BHS
* Restoration of the historic Bonsall Schoolhouse
BEF works closely with BUSD administrators, teachers, students, parents and other community organizations to provide students with opportunities to enrich their school experience.
We’re always looking for new members to apply their expertise and heart for the benefit of our school communities!
Go to www.bonsallschools.org to see our meeting dates for the year.
- In order to check your child out from the office, whether it be for an appointment or because they are ill, you must have your ID with you. That could be a driver's license, a military ID, or any other identification that proves you, or someone on the emergency contact/release list, matches up with what our Aeries student information system has on file. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
- I love my dogs just as much as you do. However, we have a NO ANIMAL policy on the BES campus. This includes in front of the campus during drop off and pick up of students. This is to ensure the safety of everyone, including your pet, while on our campus. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Gates will open at 7:55 a.m. this year. The time change supports the 15 minute adjustment to the start of the school day as well as promoting equity across the district. Please do not drop students off prior to 7:55 as there will not be any supervision.
- For the 2022-2023 school year, California will continue to offer free breakfast and lunch to all students. Our cafeteria will begin serving breakfast at 7:55 a.m. Please see below for our November menu.
Important safety information
- You may not park in the red zone in the parking lots that are not part of our typical pick up and drop off patterns. You will be asked to move your car if you are parked, waiting to pick up your students.
- The right lane is for drop off, the left lane is for passing. You may not use the left passing lane to cut over to the right drop off lane. Please be patient and wait in line with the rest of the cars waiting to drop off students.
- Students can not get in cars unless they are in the designated pick up area which is past the second crosswalk. This is for safety as well as to keep the traffic flow moving.
- Please follow the directionality of the parking lot arrows. We have had quite a few near miss accidents. That traffic plan was created to purposefully ensure safety and an efficient traffic flow.
- School starts at 8:15. We offer a 5 minute grace period for students. However if you are continuously struggling to get to school on time, adjust your families schedule to ensure that your student arrives on time and ready to start their day on a positive note.
- Lastly, please always be kind to one another and our staff. We appreciate your cooperation and support!
Intersessional days at BES!
Important Contacts - Our Office Team
Office Manager, Tisha Tokarz - 760-631-5205 ext. 1100
Attendace/Registration, Sandra Esparza - 760-631-5205 ext. 1101
Health Tech, Brittany Wanzer - 760-631-5205 ext. 1102
Gratefulness from Love on Your Back
To The Bonsall Community,
Love On Your Back would like to thank the community for their overwhelming support of our Thanksgiving Campaign. Because of the kindness of the Bonsall Community, family, and friends, we reached our goal. This Tuesday and Wednesday we were able to provide each of the 60 families with mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and other items for their Thanksgiving meals as well as food for the next month. We were also able to give each of the families a gift card to purchase the meat of their choosing. After the distribution, many families texted Carol Wood expressing their gratitude for the kindness shown to them by the community of Bonsall. The families wanted us to express that to the community. Love On Your Back would not continue without the support of the Bonsall Community. We are forever grateful to all of you.
WITHOUT YOU WE ARE NOTHING !!!
Support Love on Your Back and our BUSD families this holiday season!
Get your Bonsall Elementary Yearbook!
Our Community Liaison - Leonor Rodriguez
Click below to join the Bonsall PTA!
Coca Cola Gives Campaign
Counseling Corner with Mrs. Erickson
Mrs. Erickson's Counseling Corner
Welcome back to the Counseling Corner with Mrs. Erickson! Happy December everyone! This week I wanted to suggest a fun, festive activity that you can do at home. Below I have attached a document that is titled “What Makes Me Special” and on it, you will see a large snowflake. You can sit down with your student and ask them what they know about snowflakes, and a lot of times they will respond by saying that no two snowflakes are alike! That is when you can share with them that just like snowflakes, there are no two same people on earth. When students are told that they are one of a kind and special just like snowflakes, it can help them gain a better understanding of how amazing and unique they are. Feel free then to have your student write inside of the snowflake all of the special and unique traits about themselves. After they can color it, and maybe even add a little bit of glitter!
If you have any questions or have suggestions for topics in the future, feel free to email me at Destinee.firstname.lastname@example.org