CGIS Friday Flight Plan
January 7, 2022
- Thursday, January 13th - Student Leadership Charleston Trip Meeting at 6:00 pm in the CGIS Theater
- Friday, January 14th - Grade Cards Go Home
- Monday, January 17th - No School - Martin Luther King Day
All CGIS events can be accessed via our school website!
Intramural Information for 2022
Remember, in order to participate in this program, the permission form must be signed and completed.
Student Leadership Charleston Trip Mandatory Meeting
The Leadworthy Character Trait for January is Respect!
Respect- It's the R in our SOAR!
What is Respect?
Respect is the willingness and ability to act professionally and thoughtfully with ourselves and others. Leaders can deal respectfully with opposition and provide space for both dignity and differences to coexist.
Why focus on Respect?
- Respect contributes to a positive culture. People feel safe, supported, and engaged in the context of thoughtful social, emotional, civic, and intellectual interactions.
- Respect decreases conflict. Respect helps us, and others, to be able to express ourselves without fear of being judged, humiliated, or discriminated against.
- Respect encourages empathy. Respect helps us to understand each other and put ourselves in someone else's shoes.
Respect in Action:
- Teach students that words have power. How we talk to others, and ourselves, can motivate or discourage, connect or destroy, hurt or heal. We should choose our words with care.
- Create opportunities for group decision-making. Open dialogue engages students in a process where compromise is crucial to making decisions.
- Vary protocols for classroom sharing. Frequently use open-ended questions, partner sharing, and small group activities to connect and promote understanding between students.
Clayton's Corner (Officer Hall)
Dr. Best's Launch into 2022!
We are so grateful to be back in school (after a little gift of a snow day!) and to be able to serve your student in 2022. Being an educator is a challenging job but we love what we do. We are fortunate to be able to experience students learning, growing and shining each day.
We are lucky to get the chance to make a positive impact on the young lives of our students and we don't take that opportunity lightly. We won't be perfect teachers and they won't be perfect students (after all, we are all imperfect humans with much to learn), but we will continually do our best. We are striving to build a school that develops both the hearts and minds of the people it envelopes to become the best versions of themselves. Why? So they can achieve more, be known as respectful humans and positively serve and impact the world.
Wishing everyone the enjoyment of the changing seasons and the good fortune of being able to be together! Shine in 2022! We are Maryville!