December 16, 2021
Hello SVDP Community,
Hearing and seeing our students perform for a live, standing room only audience last night was magical. Thank you for spending the evening with us! Now we finish out 2021 with celebration and anticipation.
The faculty / staff would like to thank the Parent Guild and their generous sponsors for hosting the Twelve Days of Christmas. It was a delight to get a treat each day.
To our families with younger siblings, applications for the 2022-2023 kindergarten class are due by December 31, 2021.
Merry Christmas from the Faculty & Staff of SVDP!
A Message from the SFDPH
Therefore, SFDPH recommends that all students and staff, regardless of vaccination status, get tested for COVID-19 1-2 days prior to return to school, even if they are asymptomatic. The test can be done with a home test, or a PCR or rapid antigen from a clinic or testing site.
SFDPH also recommends testing 3-5 days after returning from travel as per CDC/CDPH guidelines, so depending on when your family or staff returns from travel, testing twice might be a good idea. For example, if your family or staff returns from travel on the Sunday before schools starts, it would be a good idea to test once on that Sunday as well as test once again sometime during the following Wednesday through Friday.
If your student or staff tests positive, please notify your school immediately and follow SFDPH isolation and quarantine guidelines.
Tik Tok Notification from ADSF
We are sharing with you information related to messages on Tik Tok regarding national school violence that would take place on Friday, December 17. Derek Gaskin, the Director of the Department of Safety & Security for the Archdiocese of San Francisco has been in contact with both the local police and the FBI regarding these threats. They are aware of these nonspecific national messages being circulated and they have both indicated after investigation that these threats are not credible.
As always, if a parent or student has information about the safety and security of a school they should call 9-1-1.
Given the number of recent social media threats locally and nationally, it is also important for parents and students to know that IF we are made aware of a credible threat against our schools, we will be diligent and act swiftly. That means involvement of the police and other authorities, notification of our families and taking all safety measures to protect students and staff in our schools. It is unfortunate that social media is being utilized in this way by a very small percentage but we will remain diligent in our efforts.
Every family's participation in Annual Giving is important because every student benefits. If you have misplaced your packet, it is available on SchoolSpeak or by clicking the button below. First class to reach 100% - the students will receive a COVID-friendly lunch in the SVDP garden. .
Look for information in January when we will be hosting a sock drive.
Parent Volunteers (reprinted from November 4th)
To volunteer at any SVDP activity, you must have the following:
- Submit Livescan Fingerprinting (see attached form below) - Find a local business that can submit your fingerprints through the Livescan screening process. If you have already done this for previous SVDP volunteer requirements, you do not need to do it again. We will receive your fingerprinting clearance through your Virtus account (see #2). Please note that if you have done Livescan fingerprinting for other volunteer or professional requirements, you must still complete specifically for SVDP.
- Complete Protecting God's Children training module on Virtus - If you have never done this, create an account at www.virtusonline.org and take the course "Protecting God's Children." If you previously completed the training, make sure your three-year certification is still valid. Existing certification can be checked by logging in to your existing Virtus account at www.virtusonline.org.
- Proof of COVID vaccination must be emailed to email@example.com.
Once you've completed all three of these requirements, your SchoolSpeak profile will be updated with a green check-mark (like the one above). When entering campus to volunteer, please use your phone to show your SchoolSpeak profile to the front office for admission. Sign-in as a visitor at the front desk and proceed to your volunteer assignment. Remember to sign out too.
All parents are encouraged to complete these requirements now, but they must be completed 24 hours prior to volunteering. Without your green-checked profile, we cannot welcome you to volunteer.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following roles:
- ChoiceLunch - We need eight volunteers - two for each day of the week (Tuesday - Friday) to assist in distributing ChoiceLunch to our students. Volunteers must commit to the same day each and every week through Trimester 2 (February 25). Staff will fill in when shift volunteers are not available. Information on how to sign up will be distributed soon.
- K-2 Read Aloud - Parent volunteers will be solicited by the teachers, who will provide more class-specific information.
- Field Trips - Parent volunteers will be solicited by the teachers organizing class-specific field trips.
- Kindergarten Lunch Duty (beginning in January) - Look for more information from the K Team.
SVDP FAMILY REFERRAL PROGRAM
The Advisory Board and the Administration know that our amazing families are the best spokespeople for SVDP. To remain competitive in the San Francisco school marketplace, we must attract families that share our educational standards, values, and sense of community. For these reasons, the Advisory Board is pleased to announce a Family Referral Program.
Beginning July 1, 2021, if you recommend a family that accepts enrollment and pays all their fees, incidental charges, and tuition through October for the 2022-2023 school year, the Finance Committee will apply a $500 credit to your FACTS account in October 2022. You will get $500 for each successful referral, with a max of three referral credits. Only one SVDP family may claim a referral. The FACTS credit must be used towards tuition, not incidental charges. When a family applies, they should include the name of the referring family on their application. Online applications have been updated to include this information. The referring family does not need to write a letter of recommendation to receive the credit.
Altar Serving at SVDP
Any students in 4th through 8th grade who are interested in becoming altar servers, registration will be made available soon.
Follow the link to read the latest news on our school reopening plan.