Week 21: January 30- February 5
THIS WEEK'S LUNCH HOUR MEETINGS
Monday, January 30:
Tuesday, January 31: Student Council meeting at 11:00 in A258
Wednesday, February 1: Robotics meeting at 11:00 in the athletic conference roomThursday, February 2: BTBA/YR meeting at 11:00 in Student Services
Friday, February 3:
BPA Members: Remember to order your chapter shirt/sweatshirt and sign up for state on the link on Schoology by Wednesday. Presubmits are due Friday.
Seniors, the votes are in!
Class Motto: "This for everybody going through tough times. Believe me: been there, done that. But everyday above ground is a great day. Remember that." - Pitbull, Mr. Worldwide
Class Song: Good Old Days (ft. Kesha) by Macklemore
Class Colors: Royal Blue & Peach
Class Flower: Tiger Lilly
Snow Week: This year the Snow Week dance will be Saturday, February 11th from 9pm-midnight.
Seniors, we are accepting senior photos now! Please email them to Mrs. Eben at Neenah.Eben@marshall.k12.mn.us. Please include your first and last name as you would like it to appear in the yearbook. All photos will be submitted to the Marshall Independent and Pride and the Tiger, and used at graduation.
Yearbook Picture day is Tuesday, January 31st. The yearbook staff and Photoworks will be taking pictures of our music ensembles (9th grade band, concert choir, etc.) as well as our activities (Marshall ACTS, FFA, etc.). We do not have retakes, so do your best to be in school on that day. . In case of inclement weather, our back up day will be Thursday, Feb. 2nd.
Order your yearbook today! Use online ordering! www.marshallyearbook.com
On to College (An ACT prep course) will begin on Monday, January 30 for all juniors. Students will meet with their Ramp-Up teacher during the second half of lunch, except for Wednesdays, when it will be immediately following Ramp Up. Attendance will be taken each day. Failure to attend will result in an unexcused absence and students will be assigned Saturday School.
GUIDED STUDY TIME TO RESUME SEMESTER 2
- Starting on January 30, ALL 9th and 10th grade students will report to GST after block 2. Your schedule will show what room you should report to. GST will be held with your Ramp Up teacher. Attendance will be taken each day. Failure to attend will result in an unexcused absence and students will be assigned Saturday School.
- Beginning on February 13, ALL 9th and 10th grade students will continue to report to GST after block 2 for attendance.
- Each day teachers will run the Missing Assignments Report AND the In Progress Grades Report. Students who have NO missing assignments listed on the report AND are passing all of their classes may be excused to go to lunch after attendance.
- Students who have ANY missing assignments listed on the report OR who have a grade of an F will need to remain in GST for that day.
- Teachers should run the Missing Assignments Report AND the In Progress Grades Report each day.
- Students in GST will follow the bell schedule in the same way that we have been doing.
STUDENT SERVICES ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please check out the Marshall Public School Nurses Instagram site. We will be posting helpful health information, immunization updates, hearing and vision screening, sports physicals, and so much more. Follow us at mps.nurses on Instagram.
A representatives from the following college will be here on the date below and at the time indicated. Interested juniors and seniors are asked to see Jan for a pass.
- Tues. January 31 – SDSU – 9:30 am
- Tues. January 31 – NATIONAL GUARD – Lunch hour