Dec. 2 - 6
New GHES website
We are excited to showcase our brand new school website. It is the same website address as before, which is https://mychesterfieldschools.com/ghes
Since this is a new site, you will want to first click the above address to view the site. If you have previously bookmarked certain pages from the old site, you will need to make new bookmarks.
If you use Google to search for the site, it will take you to the old website address for a few weeks, so be sure you enter our school website address in the URL field of your browser.
- Thank you to our school community for your generous donations to both the Puritan Coats for Kids project and our annual Food Drive to support the Chesterfield Food Bank. Together we were able to help many families and children throughout Chesterfield County.
- Thank you to Danielle Barnes, GHES PTA, & teachers/staff for their time and efforts in organizing a successful Grandparents breakfast. Thank you to Parkway Baptist and Bethia Methodist Church for allowing us to borrow tables for this event. It was a wonderful opportunity to celebrate our Grange Hall grandparents. The t-shirts were a big hit and looked awesome!
- Thank you to all of our parents who joined us for parent/teacher conferences last week. A special thanks to our teachers for their time sharing the teaching and learning that takes place each day at Grange Hall.
- Thank you to our resource team and Mrs. Sutton, Wellness Integrator for a fun-filled Turkey Trot to kick-off our Thanksgiving break.
- Lost and Found - please remind your child to check our lost and found location in the main hallway for any missing items.
- Parent drop-off - please allow your child to exit the vehicle on the right side and enter the nearest door.
- Parent pick-up - please have your ID's ready and sign your child out before picking them up from their assigned tables.
- Transportation changes - any changes to your child's transportation should be sent in the form of a note or you may call the front office before 2:30 to notify the school of the change.
SCA Toy Drive
Grange Hall Elementary School SCA is partnering with other local organizations to support local students in need at a Title I school in the Matoaca District. Please help us support the Holiday Hero Shop, an incentive based opportunity for these families to shop for holiday items that have been donated through community support.
*SCA will be collecting NEW an very gently used items from December 2 - 11*
Calendar of Events
December 2-6 - Inclusive Schools Week
December 2 - 11 - SCA Toy Drive
December 3 - Snicker Snack and Book Chat - 3 pm (4th and 5th grade)
December 4 - STEAMmania practice - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
December 11 - STEAMmania practice - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
December 18 -
- Third grade Winter party - 10:30 am
- First grade Winter party - 1:15 pm
- STEAMmania practice - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- December 19 -
- Kindergarten Winter party - 11:30 am
- Second grade Winter party - 12:15 pm
- Fourth grade Winter party - 1:00 pm
December 20 -
Grange Hall Cookie Exchange - PTA sponsored
Fifth grade Winter party - 1:00 pm
December 23 - January 3 - Winter break
January 8 - STEAMmania practice - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
January 11 - STEAMmania competition @ Cosby High School - 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
Gifted Referral deadlines are as follows:
- October 15 - students currently in grade 5
- December 15 - students currently in grades 2-4
- March 15 - students currently in KG or grade 1
Donors Choose Projects @ GHES
Are you or do you know someone who is looking for a way to help out our students? Check out the donors choose projects that our teachers and students would like to bring to GHES: