Stratford School District Parents:
Announcing a great new bullying education resource for parents!
Bullying has become a serious problem in schools, but as a parent, you play an important role in both preventing and responding to bullying. While we know it’s not always easy to talk to your child about serious topics like bullying, the more you know about bullying the more you will be prepared to talk to your child about it, and respond to incidents if your child is ever involved in a bullying situation.
That’s why we’re excited to let you know about a new bullying education and prevention resource for parents, created by Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and supported by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
ParentsActNow.com is a free, invaluable resource that features a series of short video segments for parents of kids and teens. You will learn:
• The basics of what bullying IS and what it ISN’T
• How to talk to your child about bullying
• What to do if your child is being bullied or is bullying others
• The facts about cyberbullying and sexual harassment
• How to build your child’s resiliency
• How to contact your child’s school
• Laws that are in place regarding bullying
Wednesday, September 24th is Bullying Awareness Day in Wisconsin. You can show your support by clicking on the Act Now! button below to go directly to ParentsActNow.com and learn all that you can about preventing and responding to bullying. The more you know, the more you will be prepared to have important conversations about bullying with your child.