Room 104 News: Issue 26
June 10th, 2016
This week in 104
The last of our meal worms hatched into beetles this week and after watching them for a day we let them go into the garden. Ask your child to tell you the life cycle of the mealworm and talk about how it is the same and different from the butterflies.
We have been talking about probability and what events are Impossible (e.g. seeing an elephant fly), Possible (e.g. seeing a dog on the way home) and Certain (e.g. Monday always follows Sunday). It is a difficult concept for them. See how many impossible or certain things you can think off as a family. Remember: Impossible means it will never, ever, ever happen and Certain means it will definitely, always happen.
On Thursday we went on another community walk to look for changes. We noticed that the lovely lilac flowers have gone brown and are making seeds. We also noticed that even though some flowers are dying off many more are coming out. We were looking for bugs and on the walk we saw a spider, a fly, a wasp, a butterfly and lots of ants. They all looked very busy.
Thursday afternoon we visited Ms. Shantz and her class and looked at all their wonderful brochures about different countries. It would be fun to visit some of those places.
Have a happy weekend, see you on Monday.
Make this the summer of WONDER :-). You can go to the site by clicking the link below.
Dates to Remember
Friday, June 10th: PA Day No School for students
Monday, June 13th: Whole school panoramic photograph: REMEMBER to bring your smile!!
Wednesday, June 15th: Last day for Pizza orders
Friday, June 17th: Pajama Day
Friday, June 17th: All library books MUST be back at school
Friday, June 17th: Last day of the snack program
Friday, June 17th: Pizza Day
Wednesday, June 22nd: Kindergarten Water Play Day
Thursday, June 23rd: Character Education Assembly
Tuesday, June 28th: SK Graduation
Wednesday, June 29th: Last day of school for students
Thursday, June 30th: PA Day, no school for students
Friday, July 1st: Canada Day
Information and Reminders!
- Invitations to and information about the SK graduation was sent home this week to SK Parents ONLY. Please check the mail bags.
- Pizza orders came home today (Thursday) for next Friday's pizza day. Please have your order into the school by Wednesday. Thanks
- Hats & Reusable Water Bottles: Now that the warm weather is here we will be spending more time outside for physical activity, nature study and free play. Please ensure your child brings a hat that protects them from the sun and a reusable water bottle to use throughout the day. Juice boxes are not recommended. They are usually too much for the children to finish and can’t be resealed.
- The school year is drawing to an end. Please have all library books back to school by June 17th so Ms. Zezima can do inventory and get the book ready for next year. Thanks and remember READING IS FUN!!!
- We will continue with Borrow-A Book exchange until further notice.
- Thank you to the students that are remembering to bring their mailbags back to school every day. We never know when we will have notes etc. to send home so please make sure the bag is sent in EVERY day.
- Poetry Folders are not coming home anymore. For the month of June we will be practising for the SK Graduation instead of doing the poems.
- REMINDER: we go outside every day so please make sure your child has clothes suitable for the weather at school every day.
- Many of the children have the same or very similar clothing and they do not always know which items belong to them. This is taking up a lot of our time and causing some upset feelings. Please, please help us out by making sure that all removable clothing has your child's name written on the inside label. Thank you.
Special Helpers for June
Special Helpers for this week are:
Monday, June 13th: Cindy
Tuesday, June 14th: Emma and Melissa
Wednesday, June 15th: George
Thursday,June 16th: Thamiran
Friday, June 17th: Sean
Please do not forward this email to others!
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, please email me.