Middle School North Newsletter
Week of January 16, 2022
We will have pairs on sale in the Bookstore before school each day for $1.50.
Smart Watch Policy
Per the Cabot Public Schools Handbook:
Elementary Schools & Middle Schools: Students may bring cell phones, smart watches, and other electronic devices, but must leave them turned off (other than pre-approved medical exceptions) and put out of sight from the time the student arrives on campus until the student leaves campus.
This includes Apple watches and android watches.
CMSN is not responsible for damage or loss of any electronic device brought to school by students'.
As a student social wellness reminder; these devices along with social media access are often the root of many bullying and academic issues.
Cold weather does not always stop us from going outside for recess and wellness. If the temperature or wind chill is 32 degrees or below we will keep students inside. Lots of students are still wearing shorts. We want students to stay safe and healthy. We ask that you send students in pants and with a coat during the winter season.
If your child is in need of a coat or winter clothing please contact the counseling center.
Dress Code Reminders
The Cabot Public Schools Student Handbook states that the following is prohibited:
- Pants with holes more than four inches above the knee with exposed skin or undergarments
Students not in compliance with dress code with receive a reminder for the first offence. Any offense thereafter will result in a call home for a change of clothes.
How to keep up When Your Child is Quarantined
Utilize Google Classroom
- Every assignment is posted in Google Classroom.
- Every student logs into this program daily from school so they know their passwords.
- You as the parent can access their Google Classroom using your child's login.
- If your child is saying they don't know their password please contact their teacher or reach out to our registaur. We have that information for you!
- Don't assume that when a student submits an assignment in Google Classroom that they completed it. Always open the submission and check their work.
- Grades are posted in TAC.
- This is where parents can go to see grades.
- Teachers update grades weekly.
- If you need help getting into TAC please contact our registuare
Please see the attachments below to help you if your child is quarantined
Google Classroom Support Link:
BAND SIGN-UP COMING SOON FOR ALL 6TH GRADE STUDENTS.
Band Recruitment will be Monday, January 24, and Saturday, January 29 in the CMSN gym and cafeteria.
Students will sign up for a time slot to allow for social distancing. Use the link below to register for a time slot.
Counseling Center Corner
New Parent Guidance Website!!!
Parentguidance.org - Free Parenting courses provided by Cook Center
This site will help you with guidance as a parent on a variety of topics.
One that we have reviewed and find very helpful as a first watch is called
“How Digital Media is Changing Our Children’s Mental Health” (link below)
-Trusted resource for parents with over 50 courses that are anonymous; library by topic
Mr. House - 5th grade 504 coordinator
Mrs. Blackwell - 6th grade 504 coordinator.