Southwood Academy of the Arts
It Is Planting Season in 6th Grade Science
Library Week Survey
Poem in Your Pocket
8th and 7th grade chorus has the opportunity to participate in a virtual Concert Performance Assessment this week! We will be recording next week during 1st block Thursday and Friday, 29th and 30th. All 7th grade chorus students need to meet in the cafeteria at the beginning of 1st block on those days. If there is anything students need to make up for their 1st block class, they can make it up during 3rd block.
*Teachers, Chorus CPA includes all of the following 7th grade participants: Sarah A, Cauldin B, Noah B, Cassidy B, Zya'Mirah C, Abigail E, Rebecca H, Alexander H, Madison H, Olivia H, Savannah L, Kayla N, Amelia P, Breanna R, Izabella S, Alexus T, Ashlyn V, Shane W, & Amelia W.
Yearbook Application Time
Performing Through the Decades
Performance is Thursday, April 6th 6:30-7:30 pm!
A5 Free Internet Information
This 7 page document has many helpful hints and links for Google Classroom, Google Meet, and much more.
AM Drop Off - front of the school 7:30-8:15!
Don't Forget Athletic Shoes for PE Day!
Don't Forget to Wash Your Masks!
Early Dismissal / Appointment Policies
- When you arrive at school, please call the office: 864-260-5205 to let us know you are here to pick up a student for dismissal.
- Make sure to have your license ready and press the buzzer for entrance.
- Once the door is unlocked, be prepared to show your license through the window while you will remain in the foyer. Please DO NOT enter the office area.
- We will have a sign-out sheet in the foyer. Please know that we will get your student to you as quickly as we can.
News from Nurse Rosa
1. Take the temperature of any child demonstrating shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, new or worsening cough, or runny nose.
2. Keep the child at home one or more days to monitor symptoms.
3. If you decide to have a COVID-19 test, notify the school nurse of the results so that the school can implement the Enhanced Health and Safety Protocols in the classroom(s) where your child attended.
*All information will remain confidential between the school and family. No other families will be given the health information of your child.
TDAP: All students are reminded that they must have their Tdap vaccination BEFORE starting 7th grade! Now is the time to schedule an appointment for your 6th grade student. Please submit documentation to Nurse Rosa after immunization.
For any health-related questions, call the office or email Nurse Rosa.
TLH Color Guard Information in the Main Office
Westside Color Guard Meeting
McCants Girls Basketball
If you are interested in playing girls basketball at McCants, please check out the Google Classroom linked below and email Coach Quan Ramsey. Bogodcd is the Google Classroom code in order to join. All announcements and information will be there!
This includes spring and summer workout information and a Google Classroom code for McCants Football.
School Library Week
School Library Week is going to be April 26th-30th! Come to the Media Center to receive prizes or participate in fun activities. Monday is make your own bookmark day, Tuesday you will receive smarties if you check out a book, Wednesday you will have clues to find a photo of Mrs. Spencer's dog, Rally, inside of a book, Thursday there will be riddles and puzzles in the Media Center, and on Friday if you have participated in Read 3 & Review 3 you will be invited to select a freebie.
2020-2021 District Calendar
Southwood Academy of the Arts
Eric Chamblee, Associate Principal & Instructional Facilitator
Paula Doolittle, Guidance
Joshua Powell, Arts Lead Teacher
Cheri Gilbert, Secretary