LSHS Tech News & Notes
Tech tips, hints and ideas for your classroom!
A new way to share ideas!
I'm going to re-start the "LSHS Tech News & Notes" flyer this year as a way to share with you some of the ideas and tools that I come across each week.
Please take a moment each week to read through the ideas and consider whether we can find a way to integrate it into your classroom instruction.
I know we all get a ton of emails every day. Let this flyer be a "fun email"! Let these technology ideas get you excited about the possibilities for teaching your students in new and fun formats!
Let's work together to plan something engaging and interactive for your students! Just shoot me an email and we can set up a time to meet.
Featured Tech Tool: Notegraphy
Notegraphy is great because:
- There are no limits to the amount of text that can be entered
- There are lots of themes to choose from, but not a lot of options for changing those themes (so students don't get bogged down with design)
- Students can have fun making their final product look pretty while you still get to assess what is most important: Their writing.
This tool is FREE and is available through its website or through an iOS app. So you could have students use this in a computer lab, on LSHS iPods, or even ask them to download it to their personal devices to use with BYOD.
Click on the pictures below to see a couple examples that I created, using the words of the great philosopher, Kid President!
Featured Tech Tool: Jing
Have you ever had a moment where you've said "If only I could capture whats on my screen right now and share it"? Well, Jing can do that for you!
Jing captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.
- You can download Jing to your teacher computer and immediately begin using it.
- Use the crosshairs to select the part of the screen you want to capture
- Draw arrows and boxes, or add text to the capture to point out important info
You can paste a picture into a handout for your students. Or you can get a screenshot of a student's work to send to their parents. There are lots of ways to use Jing and other screencapture tools!
And its the right price -- FREE!
News & Updates
- FISD Tech Facilitators have a Pinterest page. It has a TON of ideas, tech tools, apps, etc. Its a great place to look for new ideas, so check it out! Tech Tators Pinterest Board
- Let's work together to plan something engaging and interactive for your students. Just shoot me an email and we can set up a time to meet. Several teachers and planning groups are already doing this. Keep an eye out for some really cool projects and activities.