The 7th Grade Skinny
Phrase of the Week: "Leave Room for the Holy Spirit!"
Example: If you're dancing a little too close at the 7th grade dance, you're going to get a spray from Mr. Hill's squirt bottle. You've been warned.
This Friday marks the 7th grade one, and only dance here at MJS! It is also the day of our 7th grade mass, which will be held at 1pm in the chapel. We hope to see you there!
****We need some donated sodas for this dance! We are collecting six and twelve packs of coke, sprite, diet coke, etc!
New Years Resolution: Volunteer More!
Requesting Parent Volunteers:
January is Mosaic Month at MJS and we need you!
Mosaic Month is a beautiful celebration of the cultural diversity that exists in our community and we rely on our parent volunteers to help make it happen. The culminating event is the International Heritage Fair on Friday, January 29th. If you are interested in either creating a cultural table for the fair or in helping out behind the scenes, please contact Ms. Myvonwynn Hopton firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Thank you!
El Nino Launch Party
Repeat after me: "Here we go!"
Morning carpool this week: Sanders! Wear sweatshirts and bring rain apparel! We are out there rain or shine!
- Monday January 4th: Giving bank 8am (Mercado Group 3)!
- Friday January 8th: 7th grade mass 1pm in the Chapel. 7th grade dance at MJS!
- Week of January 11th Morning Carpool: Bonfils
- Giving Bank January 11th: Sanders Group 1: Sara Baker, Elisa Defoe, Sean Hall, Katie Hoffman, Sarah Ryan, Ian Walker. Drivers: Veronica Defoe and Anne Ryan
- January 13: Hour of Code, Pasadena Junior Docents (Khan Lee and JoAnne Nishiyama are driving)
- January 14: Cornelia Connelly Mass, 9 am, Gym (Concert Dress)
- January 18: MLK Holiday; School & Extended Programs Closed
- January 19-21: Sister Eileen McDevitt Visits MJS
- January 22: 5th-8th Grade Mix-It Up Lunch
We still need drivers for February's Junior Docent trip! If you can drive, please sign up!
Repeat After Me: "Slow down speed racer!"
Grandparents and Special Friends Day is coming sooner than you think!
Please mark your calendars! It may seem early, but Mayfield’s annual Grandparents’ and Special Friends’ day is right around the corner. We look forward to welcoming the ones we love on February 12, 2016. This is a special tradition, a day when Grandparents or Special Family Friends join students on campus for Mass and classroom activities. To insure we get an invitation to your child's special guest, please fill out the form here if this is your first year at MJS (or there are changes to the addresses from last year's invitation mailing).
Nicole Dixon & Tina Yates