Ms. Austin's Kindergarten
February 19, 2016
There are 2 special dates to remember this week:
Thursday, February 25th- Wear your pajamas to school! Please have your child wear their tennis shoes with their pajamas that day.
Friday, February 26th- Book Character Day! Your child should come to school dressed as his/her favorite book character.
Fun, fun, fun!!
- Counts to Measure Time
- Solid Shapes (3-D shapes inc. cone, cube, cylinder, rectangular prism)
- Surveys and Graphs
- Writers think about things that have happened to them. Then they think how they could turn it into a fiction story.
- Writers think about the characters they want to use.
- Writers choose settings they want to use in their story and make sure that the setting matches their characters.
- Writers plan their stories first.
In-Class Book Week Activities:
- Paper Plate Pizzas
- Beanbag Freeze Game
- Making mustaches
- Gravity Art
- Technology vs. Nature Game
- Making Hansel and Gretel story puppets and scenery
- Gravity and Magnet Experiments
- Making Fairy Tale Hats
- Making Pirate Maps
Solid Shape Museum
Verse of the Week
“A truthful witness gives honest testimony.” Proverbs 12:17
It is important not to blame or accuse someone when we share our feelings. An easy word formula for sharing feelings is this:
When… , I feel… , And I wish…
“When angry, count to 10 before you speak. If you are very angry, count to 100.” -Thomas Jefferson
February 25- Pajama Day! Your child should wear their pajamas to school today.
February 26- Book Character Dress Up Day! Your child should come to school dressed as their favorite book character!
March 8- Early Release Day School ends at 11:30 a.m.
March 25- Good Friday/Easter Assembly
March 26-April 4- Spring Break
Thursday and Friday, April 7-8- 3-Way Conferences
May 2- Labor Day Holiday- No School
May 21- High School Graduation
June 8- Last Day of School All School Closing Assembly Early Release Day (11:30 a.m.)