CAHS Staff Connection
March 9, 2015
It was a GREAT C-A Weekend!
- Congratulations to Coach Belill and Assistant Coach Klein on Girls Varsity Basketball - District Champions!
- 5 C-A Wrestlers went to the State Tournament! Milik Dawkins took 2nd and Demetric Hall took 4th.
- Boys Varsity won first game in districts against Lapeer on Monday night 65-53. Next game is TONIGHT at Davison HS against Kearsley at 5:30.
- Won the Motorola Quality Award. This award celebrates machine robustness in concept and fabrication. The winning team has demonstrated these characteristics in many ways from planning through execution. Building the robot is only part of their success and the judges recognize them as a quality example to others. The following is how the judges worded it for our team " This team showed forceful robustness in design, build and control with control over the stacks of totes, recycle cans and litter.
Upcoming PLC Meetings for March and April
Wednesday, March 11th
- Topic: Teachscape: Domain 3D - Using Assessment to Guide Instruction - flipped
Wednesday, March 18th
- AAYMPI Information (tentative) or PLC Work
- PLC Work
Wednesday, April 1st
- Topic: Teachscape: Domain 3A - Communicating with Students
- PLC Reviews (tentative)
Wednesday, April 22nd
- PLC Reviews (tentative)
School Improvement Survey
Mark your Calendars - Dr. Tunnicliff on Teaching and Learning March 16
Testing Never Ends....
Thank you to Karri F. , Kim M., Jennifer T., and Barry H. for all of the help with the coordination of testing! Thanks to everyone else who served as a test supervisor, proctor, sorted documents, ran errands, picked up test booklets, typed up attendance lists, etc.
Thanks to John F. and Nancy G. for providing proctoring for WIDA testing!
Thanks also to those of you who provided Professional Development sessions to your colleagues.
Tuesday, March 17 - NO P.A. on this day
- ACT Plus Writing Makeups (only 7 students)
- ACT Plan (about 37 makeups)
- ACT Released (about 31 makeups + extended time testers)
Wednesday, March 18- NO P.A. in the a.m.
- ACT WorkKeys (only 12 students)
Weeks of March 23-27 and March 30 - April 2
- STAR Testing - Science Department and English 12
11th Grade M-Step Testing
Wednesday, April 15 - M-Step Science (Block A)
Thursday, April 16 - M-Step Social Studies (Block B)
Tuesday, April 21 - M-Step English (Block A)
Thursday, April 23 - M-Step Math (Block B)
Makeup days will also be scheduled.
We will block classes during this time. Block A will have 1st/3rd/5th hours and Block B will have 2nd/4th/6th hours. We may need to use some of the time for presentations for students, but will give you more detail once it is finalized.
Genesee Valley Rotary Student of the Month Nominations
Math – March - luncheon is on March 17
Social Studies– April - luncheon is on April 21
May - End of Year Luncheon
Nominations are DUE by 15th of each month and the Rotary Student of the Month application is available on Blackboard.
Parent Conferences March 19th
- Expectation is that students complete the work
- Expectation is that content department collect and assign points for work
March 2-6 Social Studies - 2 day packet
March 9-13 - English 9 and 10
March 16-20 - Math
March 23-27 - Social Studies
March 30- April 2 - Science - 3 day packet
MERT Drill on March 17th and Other Spring Drills
We will go into secure mode and will simulate a medical emergency with AED's and CPR to practice. This is a required drill.
We have a few fire and tornado drills to complete as required by state law this spring.
March 14 - pi day 3.14
2015 - Year of Light
Science Student Teacher
STEM, Dual Enrollment and Other Opportunities for Students
1. UM-Flint - DEEP (13-14 college credits) (Western Genesee Consortium - C-A/Flushing/SC
- Pre-Engineering, Medical Sciences, Fine Arts
2. UM-Flint - DEEP (8-12 college credits) (C-A/Davison partnership)
- Environmental Sciences
3. Mott Community College (14 college credits)
- ASL 1/African American History/College Survival Skills
- ASL 2/Forensic Anthropology
4. Baker College - Photonics/Laser Technology - Meeting last week of April
- FREE 4 credit class in Intro to Photonics for Fall - Extracurricular
- Partnerships to provide materials/lessons to science teachers
5. Project Lead the Way - District Initiative
- PLTW - Engineering Programs
- PLTW - Biomedical Sciences
Grades and TeacherVUE
Evaluations and Student Growth
Student growth information (common assessments or other teacher provided data) will be due no later than April 22 to allow us to finalize evaluations.