January 2016 Newsletter
Happy New Year!
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We are in need of volunteers for various services we provide to the schools.
- Laminating Projects- you make your own hours at the school. Training will be provided!
- Father/Daughter Dance in April
- Testing Snacks
IMMEDIATE OPENING: In search of a 4th/5th Grade building representative. Duties include updating the bulletin board, coordinating test snacks, being the liaison between the PTSA and the 4th/5th grade office.
There are many other ways to help, and new ideas and faces are always welcome! Send an email to canandaiguaPTSA@gmail.com if you are interested in hearing more.
Event Chairs needed!
We have several events that are in need of new chairs and co-chairs. Running an event is a fun way to get involved and bring your ideas to life! It's even more fun with a friend. The following events are in need of help:
- Mother/Son night: Traditionally held in the fall, but set the date when it works for you! This is a great event that brings in many many families to spend quality time together as well as raising funds for PTSA. Use our past "minute to win it" and craft format entirely, as a jumping off point, or add your own spin to things.
- Square 1 Art: This is a terrific fundraiser for the art department. All profits go directly to putting new technology and supplies into our kids' art rooms. We are currently looking for a co-chair to help this fundraiser run smoothly.
- Spring Book Swap: This event is very easy to run, free of cost to kids and encourages summer reading.
Girl Scouts host annual Family Fun Carnival
Saturday, Jan. 16th, 11am-1pm
96 West Gibson Street
Middle School Book Fair
The Middle School library will be hosting a Scholastic book fair from January 19-22nd. The profits will benefit the library directly. If you are interested in helping with the fair, please click here to sign-up.
Billy Martin's Cole All-Star Circus
Saturday, Jan. 30th, 7pm
435 East Street
Kids 12 and younger FREE WITH ADULT!
Adult Tickets $15 At The Door
LOOK FOR SPECIAL $5 OFF ADULT COUPONS IN AREA STORES & SAVE!
Middle School Musical "Alice in Wonderland"
Middle School Auditorium
Friday, February 5 at 7:30 pm
Saturday, February 6 at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm
Sunday, February 7 at 2:00 pm
Tickets are $6, kids under 5 free. Tickets available at the door.
Canandaigua Players Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser
Saturday, Feb. 6th, 4-7pm
19 Niagara Street
Canandaigua Elks Lodge
Tickets are $8, available at the door or purchase directly from CA Players.
Eat in or take out; entertainment provided by CA music students.
Rookie Ball Open Gym
Canandaigua Junior Baseball has received gym time from now until spring for use with Rookie Ball players. They will use this time to work on skills as well as having fun activities for the kids. For more information, please contact Joe Holtby via text 315-945-4399.
Next PTSA meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 2nd, 10am
96 West Gibson Street
Attending a meeting is a great way to hear what's going on in our schools directly from administrators, PTSA officers and other community members.
For more information on PTSA membership (annual dues are only $5!) and for volunteer opportunities, please see document below.
The Canandaigua Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) believes in making every child's potential a reality by being the premier organization for parent involvement and advocacy. Canandaigua PTSA is a powerful voice for all children, a significant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
The PTSA provides critical financial support for various school activities and resource or equipment needs. It strongly supports the community-wide Character Education, Health & Wellness, and Family Involvement initiatives of our school district.