Cypress Woods Elementary
First Week Updates and Reminders
Successful First Week!
We have had an amazing first week of school with our Eagles! No matter if you are at home or at school for learning, we want to send a special thank you for your patience and flexibility with a very different first week of school.
Have a wonderful weekend and we will see you (online or face-to-face) on Monday!
Mrs.Hill & Mr. Stevens
Just a friendly reminder...our campus opens at 8:15 and school begins at 8:45 each day
First Day Packet Forms (ALL STUDENTS)
Dropping Off Items At School
At this time, we are not accepting items for drop off in the front office. Remember, if a child forgot lunch, we will make sure that he/she gets lunch at school. If you have supplies for the classroom, please just send in a few items at a time or have them carry an additional bag and when he/she arrives on campus we can help them get it to class.
Help Us, Help You At Dismissal
Please remember that school hours end at 2:55. This past week we started dismissal early to help our students and families adjust to our revised dismissal procedures. This week we will push back our dismissal time to closer to 2:50. If you have to pick your child up before dismissal, please make sure to pick him/her up by 2:15. Students will not be able to be signed out early, after 2:15 pm. If your child has a dismissal change during the day, please make sure to contact the front office before 2:15 so that we can get the message to your child(ren). Teachers are busy teaching all day and sometimes can miss an email including this important information.
Just a friendly reminder that all of our walkers are exiting the campus along the sidewalk in front of the PreK building. Parents who are meeting their walker are asked to meet their child at the end of the PreK sidewalk and NOT enter campus!
Friday, 9/4, Is National College Colors Day
This coming Friday we will celebrate National College Colors Day! We invite your child (and even the whole family) to show off their favorite college colors and/or t-shirts! We'd love to see your pictures on our virtual Padlet. Click below to add you college color pictures on Friday!
We invite you to show off your family's college colors on Friday, 9/4.Click here to submit your pictures!
MyPCS Breakfast and Lunch Orders
Our MyPCS Eagles learning from home are able to pick up a weeks worth of breakfasts and lunches for home. The curbside pick up time is on Friday mornings at 9:00 in front of the school. Please visit http://pcsb.org/mypcsonlinefood for more information. Please let us know if you would like to pick up food for your child so our food service staff can plan accordingly by clicking on the link below.
Virtual Open House 2020
Due to the current CDC guidelines and district expectations, we will be facilitating our annual Open House virtually this school year via Microsoft Teams. Parents can download Teams to their phones or tablets.
The dates and times for our virtual open house are listed below. Teachers will be sending classroom specific links to their families a couple of days before the scheduled date. A recording of the open house will be available for parents who are unable to attend.
We appreciate your understanding as we adjust to this alternate format for our open house. The good news is that you can enjoy learning about your child's classroom from the comfort of your home!
Please see the car line map below!
- Students MUST have their masks on as they exit the car or bus in the mornings. Please remind your child their mask must cover their nose AND mouth! Students will be required to wear their masks throughout the day. This will include arrival/dismissal, transitions throughout the campus (to and from lunch, specials etc.) and during classroom instruction.
- Examples of acceptable face coverings include paper or disposable face masks, cloth face masks, neck gaiters/buffs or other cloth apparel completely covering the mouth and nose (however; the gaiter rule may change if CDC guidance changes).
- Examples of unacceptable face coverings include lace, mesh, crocheted or other masks or face coverings that are not solid material, those that have exhalation valves or vents that allow air to be exhaled through a hole in the material, face coverings that are worn so that large gaps exist between the face covering and the person’s skin, and face shields
- Mask breaks will be built into the day by the classroom teacher. When in the cafeteria for lunch students may have their masks off while actively eating or drinking. Once they are finished eating, they will put their masks back on.
- Students will be given a disposable face mask in the even they forget to wear one to school.
Water Bottles & Headphones
We ask that each student brings a full water bottle to school each day. Some teachers have even requested two if at all possible. We do have a water bottle filling station in the cafeteria that students may use to refill bottles or they can use the sink in the classroom. We will have disposable cups for students who do not bring a water bottle to school.
As we gear up to begin our first round our assessments (which are taken on the computer), it would be helpful if your child have their own headphones to use while in the computer labs. These headphones will be kept in a baggie in the classroom specifically for your child. Please let your child's teacher know if you are unable to provide headphones for your child.
Visitors and Volunteers
Just a friendly reminder, our campus is closed for the first 9 weeks of the year to all volunteers and visitors. This will be reevaluated quarterly. Mentors will be virtual for the entire school year. Mrs. Shipley, our Family Community Liaison, will be sending details out soon for our annual volunteer orientations and ways you can support us from a distance.
Connecting with CWE
There are multiple ways to connect with CWE...
- We invite to follow the happenings of Cypress Woods Elementary on our CWE Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CypressWoodsES
- You can also visit the Cypress Woods website for information at https://www.pcsb.org/cypress-es