information and reflection about Joseph Case High School
Volume 12, No. 8 *** November 24, 2015
Thanksgiving Football at Case
Fall Athletic Awards Night
- November 25 - High School releases at 11 a.m.
- December 2 - Financial Aid Night, Somerset-Berkley Regional High School, 6:30 p.m.
- December 3 - Fall Athletic Awards: Pot Luck 6 p.m., Awards 7 p.m.
- December 10 - 8th Grade Night at Joseph Case High School, 6 p.m.
- December 11 - Case Theater: The Man Who Came to Dinner, 7:30 p.m.
- December 12 - Case Theater: The Man Who Came to Dinner, 7:30 p.m.
- December 17 - High School Holiday Music Concert, 7 p.m.
- December 18 - Term II Progress reports issues electronically
Spirit Week and Homecoming - 2015!
Thanksgiving Week reflections
I have no doubts that the community of Joseph Case High School is grateful.
This idea is strongly supported by the submissions of personal gratitude that are now on display in the cafeteria.
I started last year posing a question to our community and see how people would react to the anonymous answers. This September, we combined teacher and student voice to look for commonalities, and, in some cases, inspiration on something we wanted to learn this year.
Last week, I asked students and teacher to submit something for which they are grateful for at Joseph Case High School. I was humbled by the responses from both students and teachers.
Some gratitude highlights for me:
- teachers and students have positive relationships
- acceptance of everyone
- new Learning Commons
- free WiFi (a popular response!!)
- friendly teachers
- close community
- amazing and thoughtful students
- teachers looking out for students' best interests
- spirit of inclusion
- many specific teachers and coaches named
Most importantly, this meaningful activity documents our journey at Joseph Case High School. I prioritized at the beginning of the school year that relationship-building is the most important thing that we do in this building. My advocacy has paid off!
For these kinds of bonds, I am truly grateful. I hope you have an opportunity in the month of December to take a look in our cafeteria at our gratitude wall.
A Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family,