The Buccaneer Bulletin
Principal Newsletter - November 15, 2022
Donate a Pie This Week for HBMS Staff Appreciation Pie Day!
Help Needed for Set Up of Pies for Teachers!
Our Veterans Day Ceremony Was a Success! Thank You, Veterans!
Day of Service
Students will be bussed to a location in the community with their Grow Time class and teacher to do a service project. Your student's Grow Time will vote today on what type of service project they want to do.
Here is some basic information for you to know about the Day of Service:
- Your student will be with their Grow Time class for this day.
- All students and staff will leave campus around 9:30am and return to campus by 1:30pm.
- Your student will need to bring a sack lunch or buy a sack lunch from the cafeteria that day. They will eat at the site of their project.
- All students will be back at HBMS by 2pm to continue activities throughout the afternoon related to their service project.
- Parents can meet their student at their site for the service project if you wish to do so. You are required to fill out this Form if you plan on attending with your student. Your student's teacher will have a Raptor visitor badge for you at the site once you RSVP with the link above.
- You cannot take your student to the site or "check them out" at the site. Your student will ride to and from their service site on the LTISD bus.
- Students will not need their Chromebooks for this day. They can leave them at home.
We could not be more excited for this year's Day of Service, as it is an incredibly powerful and unforgettable day for all involved. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this happen!
HBMS Spirit Store
We are also offering a half-off sale on all the remaining PROUD shirts and hoodies.
Morning & Afternoon Homework Help
BEFORE SCHOOL - 7:20-8:20am (Monday-Friday)
- Room 748 with Mr. Beatty
- Library with Ms. Hooker
- Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
AFTER SCHOOL - 4:20-5:20pm (Monday-Thursday)
- Mondays and Wednesdays - Room 752 with Mr. Zambito
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - Room 775 with Mr. Gaffney
- There will not be Homework Help on Friday afternoons
As a reminder, we do not have late buses running routes this year, so if your child stays after school for Homework Help, it is the expectation that you pick him/her up at 5:20pm.
Thank you for your kind donations and supporting our Buccaneers in this capacity.
Did a teacher or staff member do something outstanding for your child? Use this Form to submit a staff shout out! This will be printed and delivered to the staff member by Ms. Keogh.
HBMS Leadership Team
Assistant Principal: Matt Holley
Counselor: Dana Page
Assistant Principal: Brian Gill
Counselor: JoAnn Bryan
Assistant Principal: Cristy Castanares
Counselor: Surita Scholla
Miss a Newsletter?
Please note that The Buccaneer Bulletin is sent to the email addresses you have listed in Skyward Family Access. If you are not receiving weekly newsletters, please verify that your information is correct in Skyward.