Evergreen Middle School - January 28, 2022
Mark Your Calendars!
- Fill the Truck Food Drive | January 31st - February 11th | see info below
- 3rd quarter begins | January 31st
- 2nd quarter grades available on Powerschool | February 1st
- Late start + Advisory | February 3rd | 9:10am
- Candy Grams sold during lunches | February 4th - February 9th | $.50 | delivered 2/14
- Middle School Solo & Ensemble Festival | February 5th | 8:00 - 4:00 | EMS
- National School Counseling Week | February 7th - February 11th
- String Fling Concert | February 9th | 7pm
- Girls Basketball season starts | February 16th | online registration opens January 31st!
- Presidents' Day | No School | February 21st
- Middle School Conferences | February 23rd - 25th | early release at 12:30
Spokane Regional Health has updated COVID-19 guidance for schools. Please see below for some of the most commonly referenced guidelines. A complete list of updated guidance can be found at https://covid.srhd.org/.
Positive Cases (regardless of vaccination status)
· Stay at home for 5 days from the positive collection date or symptom onset date and student/staff can return to school on day 6 as long as symptoms are improving and 24 hrs fever free.
Close contacts/exposure to a positive case (inside or outside of school as long as symptom free)
· Test to Stay protocol
· Baseline test as soon as possible when learning of exposure.
· Test again on day 5
· If fully vaccinated then the Test to Stay protocol is not required
Household Positive Exposure
· If fully vaccinated, remain at school and test on day 5.
· If not vaccinated, Test to Stay protocol and no quarantine.
· Symptom free
· Rapid test on day 5 and 10
***Updated testing information- Due to limited quantities of testing supplies we will be limiting testing to staff and students only at this time. Additionally, staff and students who don’t have symptoms will not be tested unless required otherwise.
Need To Pay for a Sport?
- Go to ems.cvsd.org
- Go to the Athletics or Activities tab
- Click on Register Now
- Follow link to Family ID
- On the lower right hand side, click on CVSD Online Payments
- Log in to InTouch Receipting with students ID
- IMPORTANT: Under "SHOP" choose "Items at Student's School"
- Choose Athletics and the sport you would like to pay for
Any questions or issues, please contact Mrs. Crooks (Secretary) for assistance at 558.3701
Contacts at Evergreen Middle School
- Mike Syron, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3717
- Rachael Crooks, Assistant Principal: email@example.com | 558.3716
- Natalie Nootenboom, 6th/7th grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3710
- Anna Comella, 8th grade Counselor: email@example.com | 558.3711
- Heather Crooks, Head Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3701
- Marci Highley, Assistant Secretary: email@example.com | 558.3700
- Jessica Trejbal, Assistant Secretary/Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org | 558.3702
- Joyce Wilson, School Nurse: email@example.com | 558.3708
School office hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 3:00pm
14221 E. 16th Ave. Spokane Valley, WA 99037
Main Office: 558.3700 Attendance line: 558.3706