Every Student, Every Day
A Wonderful Week...
Wendy Tamney for allowing the staff into her home for the staff holiday party.
Jennifer Dennis for making sure everything was ready for the 12 Days of Hosp and our staff holiday card!
The Sunshine committee for organizing the staff holiday party.
Kayla Hicks for putting together the 12 Days website and the creation of the staff holiday card.
Our Pet Drive and Book Drive are both coming to an end.
Friday we have our class parties and Kinder Sing Along at GMH.
Continue to watch our 12 Days!
Check. Change. Control. A NEW Opportunity from FISD Health and Wellness!
Check. Change. Control.
Employee Wellness Blood Pressure Initiative
There are nearly 80 million Americans with hypertension.
· High blood pressure, or hypertension, is an independent risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Even a 5 mmHG decrease in blood pressure can reduce death due to heart disease and stroke by 14% and 8% respectively.
· Of the patients that are aware of their high blood pressure, and are being treated, almost half are still not at their goal blood pressure.
· Hypertension disproportionately affects the African American community (HBP in African Americans in the highest in the world).
What is the Check Change Control Program?
The purpose of this program is to eliminate high blood pressure as a health disparity among Americans at risk and help achieve the goal of improving cardiovascular health by 20%, while reducing cardiovascular mortality by 20% by 2020 (The American Heart Association Impact Goal).
The Check Change Control Program is an evidence –based program, based on the success of the Check it, Change it program. It is designed to establish community partnerships and meaningful volunteer roles and is focus on innovation and sustainability.
The program calls for participants to have their blood pressure taken 1x a week for 12 weeks. The readings are entered online, where participants can keep track of them and watch for trends. Your school nurse will have information on how to set up an online account.
School Nurse Leading the Charge
Your school nurse has received information from the American Heart Association to champion this initiative on your campus. They have a direct contact person at the AHA to get support and information as well as order t-shirts for staff member to wear to support the cause. I am available and can come out to your school to assist them with anything they need.
We can and we will make a difference!
Director of Coordinated School Health
Frisco Independent School District
Igniting Change Improving Health
Sonic Drinks are coming!
Instructional Team Leader Meeting Monday
December 15, 2014
Team Leader Meeting
Every Student, Every Day
Charisse Mansell to take notes
1. Shout Outs
3. Kayla Hicks- Technology and Curriculum- How do we pull technology that is related to the curriculum and is meaningful?
4. Book Study- The Skillful Team Leader- Chapters 3 and 4 – Discussions
a. Word/Phrase/Section for each chapter
5. PLC/Collaborative Planning
a. Backwards Planning Continuum Rubric
b. Where do we go from here? (worksheet) Revisit at the next ITL meeting.
6. Merry Christmas