Elementary Principals' Meeting
KRA Data Manager Google Form
KRA Debrief Meeting
We would like to bring together all KRA coordinators/leads/etc. AND data managers to debrief the first KRA administration and discuss ideas for next year.
We will be meeting Wednesday, November 20, 2019 from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. at Genesee Career Institute in conference room Explore. Please RSVP to Melissa Wing at firstname.lastname@example.org with who will be attending.
K-3 Math Essentials
New Legislative Requirements for Career Exploration
Ligon New Programming for MS and HS
Elementary Science Leadership Group
Initially, there would be a brief one-on-one meeting in person at a time convenient to them or online via zoom.
After that, there may be a brief meeting after school with the small group to plan.
Michael Pillay: email@example.com
Dr. Tammy Pawloski Update and Debrief
We had a great day #2! Teams have received information on:
Strategy #1: Building Relationships
Strategy #2: Reducing Stress
along with a good background on poverty, neuroscience, action research and foundations.
Your team received:
Resources including video, slides and resources by email to assist their efforts as they plan to share with their staff
Your team needs to decide:
What and how will they share/continue to share with staff?
How they will implement Strategy #1: Building Relationships
What and how will they implement Strategy #2: Reducing Stress
The next session will be a WEBINAR on Monday, November 18th
More information coming!
Revised Social Studies Standards News
- Approved by SBE June 2019 for immediate implementation
- Revised MSTEP expected to be administered Spring 2022
- PD Development Committee working on 5 year plan
- Social Studies Teacher Leaders Meeting will focus on implementing revised standards
- Infusion of C3 Framework and pedagogical shifts
- Emphasis on essential practices for disciplinary literacy instruction
- Middles School 6h grade is World Geography and 7th grade is World History and Geography Eras 1-4
- C3 Framework
- C3 Pedagogical Shifts
- Essential Practices for Disciplinary Literacy Instruction in Secondary Classroom
- Geospatial Inquiry and New Temporal Sequencing - GIANTS - Grades 3-8 Curriculum
- MI Open Book
- C3 Teachers - K-12 Inquiry based lessons from various states
- Northern Michigan Inquiry Hub - K-12 Inquiry based lessons from MI educators
- Big Ideas Clickable Maps
- If you have any questions or needs, contact Coordinator for Instruction Roy Sovis who served as a writer and currently serving as a PD developer on MDE's PD Collaborative Committee.
Dear Principals, Curriculum directors and Spelling Bee Coordinators,
Below you will find links to the 2020 Genesee County Regional County Bee documents.
Registration is $50 per district and is due December 1, 2019. A fillable form will be sent at a later date for the names of the school winners.
Melissa and Linda