January 25, 2015
YJH PTO Fundraiser
The penny war rules are as follows:
- each grade will have container that they will try to fill with pennies
- each penny will count as a +1
- the other two grades can "sabotage" the other grade by placing silver (nickels, dimes, quarters, half-dollars) or green (bills) into their container. ex) a quarter is -25
- the class with the highest total (pennies minus silver/green) wins a pizza party/drink voucher
Thursday, Feb. 5th, 6-8pm
198 School Drive
There will be a Glow Party Dance on Thursday, February 5, 2015, at Yale Junior High School for all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. The dance will begin at 6:00 PM and will end promptly at 8:00 PM. Admission is $8.00. Tickets include DJ, dancing, light snacks and activities. Admission is to be given to your first hour teacher by Friday, January 30 with your completed permission slip. Exact change is very much appreciated. Wear white or neon colors to glow!
Students attending the dance may arrive no earlier than 5:50 PM and must depart promptly at 8:00 PM. Students whose ride arrives later than 8:00 PM may not be allowed to attend the next dance. Anyone who leaves the dance before 8:00 PM will not be readmitted and must be picked up by a parent in the building. All rules listed in the YJH Student Handbook apply.
STUDENTS WHO BREAK GLOW STICKS AND/OR CAUSE DAMAGE TO SCHOOL PROPERTY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISMISSED FROM THE DANCE AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THE COST OF THE DAMAGE. STUDENTS MAY ALSO FACE ADDITIONAL CONSEQUENCES AT SCHOOL.
Return the completed and signed permission slip below with your $8 payment (CASH preferred) to your first hour teacher by Friday, January 30.
Class Video Updates
Wednesday, Jan. 28th, 2:30-3:30pm
198 School Dr
Be the Change
Challenge Day (February 11, 2015)
The day-long, interactive Challenge Day program provides teens and adults with tools to tear down walls and inspires participants to live, study, and work in an encouraging environment of acceptance, and respect. The Challenge Day program includes 100 randomly selected 7th & 8th grade students and is approximately 6 ½ hours long and takes place during a school day.
The remainder of the students will have a anti-bullying message created in collaboration with our Health instructor, Ms. Biondo, and the other teachers. They will also have time to complete missing assignments.
7th Grade Just the Facts Presentation
In the News - Cade Bollaert
EASY WAYS TO HELP
Yale Junior High PTO
Next Meeting: January 21 after PIN Meeting in the Media Center
1. Download Shoparoo to your mobile device. You will scan any grocery, fuel, or non-grocery receipt. We also have a Yale Junior High PTO page on Facebook, please like us!
Be sure to select Yale Junior High
2. Drop your Vinckier Food receipts in the boxes designated “Yale Junior High” at the Yale location or here at the Junior High School. (Be sure to snap a picture through Shoparoo first! DOUBLE POINTS FOR US!)
3. Please donate ANY AND ALL used ink cartridges and cell phones (even if they are damaged) by bringing them into the office. We will be recycling them and receiving money for our media center in exchange!
4. Sign Up for GFS Fun Funds
5. Sign Up for Meijer Rewards
6. Collect Aunt Millies labels and remit to the office.
7.VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME! JOIN US AT OUR NEXT MEETING or assist us in counting Vinckier Rewards or Aunt Millies labels.
“Like” us on Facebook – Yale Junior High PTO (click on 'YJH PTO' above to link to the page)