The Seminole Scene
Oct. 12-16, 2015
Ms. Peddie's Progress
It is hard to believe that this week marks the end of the first nine weeks of school, but it is true! In the past weeks, I have enjoyed meeting with departments and middle school teams and the opportunity the meetings have provided me to get to know each of you. Many of you have heard me say, "I ask many questions', and my experience has taught me to "seek first to understand" through our conversations. Thank you to the math, science, and art departments, as well as the middle school teams, for visiting with me and the wonderfully candid conversations. I have learned much from each of you, and I look forward to continuing our discussions. For this week, I look forward to my lunch with the Social Science department this Friday, Oct. 16, 2015, during our Professional Development day.
Additionally, Mrs. Brink and I have been working on a few of the fall and winter test administrations including this week’s PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015 and the FCAT 2.0 Reading Retakes on Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 14 & 15, 2015. We are also preparing for the FSA Reading Retake scheduled for next Tuesday-Thursday, Oct. 20-22, 2015.
A goal of our Digital Classroom Plan is to have digital professional development opportunities for all staff. We are each working to develop skills for infusing transformative digital learning into our curriculum. Each of us is at a different skill level along the continuum of technological proficiency, and we continue to learn from each other every day. This Friday, during our next staff development, we will have the opportunity to continue the T21 digital training using our Chromebooks. Please look for more information from Ms. Wilkinson this week and if you have not completed the survey, please do so!
A few quick reminders—
1) FSUS Golf Smashburger Share Night is this Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015 from 3:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Let the cashier know you support FSUS Golf! Who doesn’t love a good burger???
2) The United Way Campaign is underway. It only take a little to help a lot!! See Mrs. Wilkinson for more details.
3) PTSA Skate World Spirit Night is Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. Come out and join the fun!!
- Open House--Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
- Literacy Leadership Meeting-Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
- PSAT/NMSQT Administrator Training-Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
- PSAT/NMSQT-Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015
- Middle School Faculty Meeting-Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015
- FCAT 2.0 Reading Retakes—Wednesday & Thursday, Oct. 14 & 15, 2015
- End of First Nine weeks---Thursday, Oct 15, 2015
- Staff Development Day-Friday, Oct. 16, 2015