February 9, 2018
Monday, February 19th - Inclement weather make-up day - SCHOOL IS IN SESSION!
2018-19 District Calendar Approved
Community Focus Group
1. Participate in the online survey on the District website through Sunday, February 11th.
2. Join Dr. Brent Underwood in a Community Focus Group on Thursday, February 22nd at 5:00 pm in the Middle School Library. An open discussion will be held to determine qualities in the next superintendent important to the community.
2017 Student Adviser to the Board of Education Recognized
Jessica Rood, HHS Senior and the 2017 Student Adviser to the Board, was recognized for her service to the students and district during the February 8th regular board meeting. Jessica received a plaque and a Resolution from the Missouri Senate recognizing her for her accomplishments and service.
Peoples Savings Bank, Todd Witthaus, presented Jessica with a $500 scholarship honoring her service to the Board of Education. Thank you, PSB for the ongoing support of our students and district.
President Whitthaus Presents Jessica Rood with Plaque
Director Pratte Presents Jessica Rood with Missouri Senate Resolution
PSB Bank President Witthaus Presents Jessica Rood with $500 Scholarship
HES Students Present Wax Museum to the Board of Education
Ryker Ash, Kohlt Witthaus, Lily Volgesang , Kamrynn Korman, Savannah Crawford, Abigail Woldanski
Kamrynn Korman and Becky Whitthaus
Savannah Crawford, Craig Schannuth, and Mike Pratte
1. Rockwell / Delta Table Saw 34-450 EL7119
2. J-Line Band Saw 1988
3. Rockwell / Delta Band Saw 28-200 EK 9285
4. Rockwell / Delta Sanding Machine 31-710 EY 6266
5. Miller MSW 41 Spot Welder w/ stand Serial # LC494711
6. Niagara Break Model #60459
7. Di-Acro Break Model # FC-3341
8. Miller lector-spot Spot Welder Model # 222 Serial # 72-630729
Sewing Machines: They all have instruction booklets and working foot controls.
1 - Pfaff Tiptronic 1171 sewing machine 1 - Pfaff Hobbymatic 875 sewing machine
2 - Pfaff Select 1520 sewing machine
3 - Pfaff Varimatic 6091 1 - Pfaff Hobbymatic 917 1 - Pfaff Hobbymatic 927
News from HMS
The middle school students have been hard at work in the classrooms getting ready for state testing.
● HMS celebrated the 100th day of school with mystery prizes, each containing one hundred of something from erasers to M&M’s.
● The 7th and 8th grade boys basketball teams finished up their seasons with tournaments in Sullivan and St. Clair respectively.
● Middle school volleyball has started practicing and track will begin soon.
● Student Council had their first meeting with the group lesson on “being the change”. Students then broke off in small groups and worked on Student of the Month, Social Media, Celebrations, PBIS, Spirit, and other tasks that will contribute to the culture and climate of the school. Fifty-six students have joined the council and are ready to put in hard work.
Four HHS Students Selected for Conference Band
Congratulations to Colter Scheible, Ben Brennell, Kaylyn Powers, Kaleb Means, and Tim Martens!
FCCLA members successfully competed in the region 5 STAR Events
Caraline Brune & Allison Stiers - Chapter Service Project Display- Gold;
Regan Horstmann & Rachel Swayze - Focus on Children - Gold;
Makinna Schneider & Taylor Spreckelmeyer - National Programs in Action - Gold. Junior Division: Zoe Schafer - Life Event Planning - Gold;
Mackenzie Bruckerhoff, Lillie Dobbs, Katelyn Swayze - Chapter Service Project Display - Gold.
All participants were one of the top two gold winners in their division and qualify for state.