We hope your family has had a nice spring break and a blessed Easter. We are on the downhill stretch towards the end of school. We so enjoyed visiting with you all about your precious children and getting to know you all better. We are looking forward to lots of fun Spring themes this month!
Thank you for sharing your children with us. Ms. Jill and Ms. Susie
April at a Glance
- April 2-6: Caterpillars and Butterflies
- April 9-13: Flowers
- April 16-20: Bugs/Worms/Snails
- April 23- 27: Birds/Bees/Dragonflies
- April 30-May 4: Beach
- May 7-11: Beach and Mother’s Day
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The Crunching Munching Caterpillar
- Ten Little Caterpillars
- Sunflower House
- Planting a Rainbow
- From Seed to Plant
- Counting in the Garden
- Wiggly Worm
- Bug Safari
- Bugs, Bugs, Bugs
- The Very Busy Bugs
- Baby Bird’s First Nest
- Old Black Fly
- Counting is for Birds
- I Heard Said the Bird
- Parable of the Good Samaritan
- Parable of the Lost Coin
- Parable of the Lost Sheep
- Saul/Paul Follows Jesus
Bible Verse: “He has made everything beautiful in its time.” Ecclesiastes. 3:11
- Shape: Octagon
- Colors: review all
- Numbers: review all to 20
- Tracing and writing our names
Letters (and show n tell):
- April 4 & 5: X
- April 11 & 12: Y
- April 18 & 19: Z
- April 25 & 26: U
School Wide News
Scholastic Book Fair Re-Cap
Thank you so much for your support of our first annual Scholastic Book Fair! It was so fun to see children and parents so excited about books and reading together. Thanks to your support we raised a little over $800 in Scholastic Dollars that will come back to the school in the form of new books and classroom materials offered by Scholastic. We will be able to add some much needed new books that align with our curriculum themes to the school’s main library shared by all of the classrooms, and each individual classroom will be able to revamp their reading center with fun new titles. Thank you!
Waterstone Preschool Summer Camp
Waterstone’s STORYBOOK SUMMER programming is coming soon! Online registration begins Monday, April 9th. Click here for full details and registration instructions.
- Class pictures will be for sale in the next few weeks. Watch your child’s check-in area to see a proof of your child’s class picture, an order sheet and payment envelope. Pictures are $10 each. The final prints will be delivered before the last day of school. It is a great way to remember your child’s friends from the school year.
- Individual pictures: It’s not too late to order your child’s individual school portrait. The galleries will be taken off of the website on May 15th. Please follow the directions below:
- Click here to access the site. Or go to: http://laurasmithphotography.pixieset.com.
- The galleries are in alphabetical order by last name. Once you find your child you can access their gallery by using your child's name as the password (first letter capitalized). If you have more than one child in the program, their photos will be together in the same gallery and the password will be your youngest child's name. If you have any questions, please email Laura, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Field Day/End of Year Celebration – May 14th and 15th
What better way to celebrate the end of a great school year than with an afternoon of fun games and activities! Please join your child at 12pm on the last day they attend, either Monday, May 14th or Tuesday, May 15th. As usual, students will need to pack a lunch. Each class will eat around 11:30am in their classrooms. Then, parents can join the events from 12:00-1:30pm. We hope you will join our celebration!
April Fruit of the Spirit: Peace
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
-Galatians 5:22-23 (NIV)
Mark your Calendars!
Storybook Summer Registration Begins
April 16 – May 1
Order Class Photos
Last Day of School and Last Day to Order Individual Photos